Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ThereMy friend bought me aloe vera juice, and i was wondering if any of you had any good experiences...please let me know..i havent really found anything on this board. thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would call the health food store and find out if you have the right kind of aloe vera. I believe there are two kinds. One that acts as a laxative and one that helps with inflammation. It maybe the same stuff but the amount that you take. I would double check with someone who knows about it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i remember the first time I had it. My sister and I got it at the local health food store because we were curious about it. We had no idea it helped with regularity at the time. But luckily I read online about it and after we had had a couple drinks of it, we were like.. omg, what did we just drink! haha.. anyway, I have IBS-D, and all I can say is that it made me feel really bad. Now, I probably accidentally drank way more than you are supposed to at a time, so I probably am not that helpful. I would just suggest doing a google search maybe.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Depending on how much aloe latex your juice preparation has in it it may work as a laxative which is probably not what you want if you are posting in the diarrhea forum.It is hard to know about any given preparation, but most of what I read about aloe seems to be more hype than fact.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, ive been using aloe vera juice, and taking digestive enzymes for the past two days, without medicine. so far, so good. im just a little gassy.My friend also gave me opc3 and vitamin b12. we'll see how that goes. have any of you tried it?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I've had the inner leaf gel stuff which is the non laxative version. It was WONDERFUL for 3 months. I thought I was almost cured! I started planning a life, then it just stopped and now it's never worked again. Sigh.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
helloyes, i bought it from Market America. I was getting desperate, trying to find ways to alleviate the ibs, and i didnt want to take medicine anymore. My friend, such a sweet person, bought me all that stuff. Its made me gassy, and thats about it. I take the aloe vera juice, opc3, and the digestive enzymes. im not working now, but starting a new job next monday, and hopefully, ill be ok.its such a relief to not take any lomotil.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been on a B12 supplement for the past week because my doctor found low levels in my blood. I didn't know it helped with IBS. I just new it helped with energy, nerves and depression. So far I haven't noticed feeling much different at all.. but we'll see.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.