Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
I used to drink that a lot, and it did help. For some reason, I had forgotten about that. Probably because I was "better" for a few years. Just bought a bottle last weekend, so we'll see. Glad it's helping you. I get George's, tastes like spring water, so makes it easier to get down.------------------If you wanna see the rainbow, you gotta deal with the rain

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I put a couple of ounces of aloe vera juice in my OJ in the morning and it helps to get things moving (I'm a C). I just bought aloe vera gelcaps to see if those will help for those days when I'm really backed up!Ty

G

·
Thanks for reminding me. I have a big bottle of that in the fridge. Boy am I backed up today, Making me fell bloated, very on edge & grouchy. Could kick the dog.....sure it taste funky but if you want something really bitter try GSE. it kills parasites and yeast ------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

G

·
Kitty,Back when I drank the aloe juice regularly, and we're talking 10 or so years ago, it seemed to just calm down the cramping and stomach upset when I was having an attack, which were very mild and not nearly as frequent as now. Just like aloe soothes burns, it soothes your insides, too. Although our IBS bowels don't have inflammation, they're still jumbled up most of the time. I didn't drink it as much as I should have because it tasted so yucky.Seriously, try the George's brand, it tastes like water, not bitter at all. Made me suspicious at first that it was even aloe juice, but it's a highly recommended brand.If you can't find it, I can give you the link to the health food store I use, they are wonderful there and will ship anywhere, or tell you where to find things in your area.------------------If you wanna see the rainbow, you gotta deal with the rain

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Be careful about GSE (grapefruit seed extract). We don�t know what it kills, but we do now it can interfere with certain medications. The same even applies to grapefruits themselves.

G

·
flux, well according to their website GSE does not interfer with meds. But even if it did it is so bitter that I doubt anyone would OD on it. I use 3 drops in water in AM BLAH!!!! I have a friend from this board that has used it for a couple of years. 3 times a day. she swears by it. ------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Whose website? Why would you assume it would tell you everything you should know about it?I don�t understand your comment about OD on it. What does that have to do with its ability to interfere with medications?There are people out there (no pun intended) who swear they have been abducted by UFOs.[This message has been edited by flux (edited 09-04-99).]

G

·
flux charcoal can nutralize some of your meds too. the reason I said I would not OD on it is cause it is so bitter tasting that it is hard to take even a little... Unless you can prove that it has bad side affects I intend to keep trying it, just like all the rest of these remedies. Tired of Doctors acting like they could care less....
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
10,398 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I agree with flux. I have also heard that you should not even drink grapefruit juice if you are on any kind of medication. Just as long as you are aware of this and make sure that you check it out thoroughly, then you should be safe.

G

·
Joyce - your friend takes this 3x's a day. I have started taking one glass a day since last friday, and i only had a bowel movement yesterday. Should I take more or rule this method out?

G

·
Well I don't drink grapefruit juice much. I do use Grapefruit seed extract 3 drops in a glass of water. but not all the time. I use it instead of antibiotics.But I have drank grapefruit juice in the past and from now on when I need meds I will be careful not to drink any. Like wasn't this thread about aloe vera juice for IBS.
Sorry LMP can't help ya there....
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joyce,My thoughts exactly! Everytime I get an e-mail in reference to my post on Aloe Vera Juice, I think it is regarding the juice. But when I check the post, it's still the same old story about Grapefruit Juice.Please try to stick to the topic. Thank youLaura

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.