Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a massive bm yesterday but today I ate breakfast and I am already feeling bloated and gassy again but I just can’t have a bm. It’s not nearly as bad as it was before I had a bm yesterday but I admit I’m a little frustrated because the problem was temporarily alleviated but obviously it hasn’t been solved. Online it says you aren’t constipated until it’s been at least 3 days without a bm but I already have that constipated feeling starting and my doctor said I should be going every days. I’m going to visit someone out of town this weekend and I will not have as much options for managing constipation while traveling so my guess is I won’t go at all until I get back. I’m really hoping I don’t get stuck doing enemas all the time but nothing else seems to work. I drink lots of water, and I have cut out all dairy per my doctors suggestion, and I’m taking daily laxatives and I still can’t have a bm. As others have suggested, I’m going to ask GI about prescription meds (even though I am not excited to add more prescriptions to my routine) because nothing I’m trying on my own seems to make me go.

·
Community Manager
13,349 Posts
i was never able to have a bm when i was traveling unless i took a lot (and i mean a LOT) of laxatives.

i know you can't do enemas all the time but maybe, since you will be traveling, you could do an enema before you leave so at least you'll be cleared out then. and then (if you have to) do another one when you get home .good luck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am feeling really nauseous and bloated. I stayed hydrated and took laxatives today but I still couldn’t go. I don’t know if my constipation is bad enough to be causing nausea already, but I just don’t feel good.

·
Community Manager
13,349 Posts
oh i'm so sorry. are you traveling right now? did you bring your enema bag with you? i do hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m having bad cramps and nausea again, I don’t know if it’s just from being Constipated and needing to have a bm or if something else is going on but it really limited my activity today. I’m going to do an enema when I get home tomorrow and see if the pain is relieved by a bm or if something else is going on.

·
Community Manager
13,349 Posts
so sorry you're having cramps and nausea again. i always felt that way when i was very constipated.

yes, it will be good once you're finally home and able to do an enema.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a massive bm yesterday but today I ate breakfast and I am already feeling bloated and gassy again but I just can’t have a bm. It’s not nearly as bad as it was before I had a bm yesterday but I admit I’m a little frustrated because the problem was temporarily alleviated but obviously it hasn’t been solved. Online it says you aren’t constipated until it’s been at least 3 days without a bm but I already have that constipated feeling starting and my doctor said I should be going every days. I’m going to visit someone out of town this weekend and I will not have as much options for managing constipation while traveling so my guess is I won’t go at all until I get back. I’m really hoping I don’t get stuck doing enemas all the time but nothing else seems to work. I drink lots of water, and I have cut out all dairy per my doctors suggestion, and I’m taking daily laxatives and I still can’t have a bm. As others have suggested, I’m going to ask GI about prescription meds (even though I am not excited to add more prescriptions to my routine) because nothing I’m trying on my own seems to make me go.
Hello Sunstar, my suggestion is that you find a naturopath with knowledge in microbiota. If you are regularly constipated means your microbiota is probably not balanced. A microbiota test for starters will be a very good thing to do and then see which intestinal bacterias are increased, which ones are low and balanced them. Also, this constipation might be due to an excess of laxatives or irritable fibre.

There are too many factors that can lead to constipation, that's why I recommend you to find a good naturopath or holistic doctor that can help you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts