Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my biggest issue with ibs is the whole odor thing. I'm a 20yr old college student so i am always feeling very self conscious about the way i smell... i know for a fact it is not in my head b/c i have overheard ppl say things about it. i deff. always have that feeling of incomplete evacuation and that is the worst b/c it throws your whole day off worrying about an issue like that. the only problem is, this happens every single day so i guess you could say all my days are "thrown" off... has been like this for around 3-4 yrs... still hoping to figure something out but lately i'm just miserable. trying to keep my head up... but it's getting tougher and tougher each day.

G

·
Hi Adam, that has been a problem for me also in the past. But I was just constipated all the time, having diarrhea every so often cleaned me out. But then it would start all over again. I eventually relied on herbal laxatives which is a no no. But it fixed the odor problem. Are you sure the odor is coming from being constipated. Sweat doesn't smell, it's the bacteria in our bodies that makes us smell. Being constipated is another matter however. I've been taking 2 tablespoons of really ground up flax seed morning and night. I also eat an apple an hour before I go to bed. I've just recently had acupuncture too. And I drink lots of water and green tea and take magnesium oxide with my flax at night. It is working wonderfully, I have a full bowel movement every morning. I used to drink Noni juice but there is no need for it now. My acupuncturist told me about this apple bit and I kind of laughed at him as I've eaten apples lots. But now I eat it on an empty stomach and I don't eat after supper much. I do however get gassy, from the flax maybe?, not sure. I hope you can fix this as it's hard especially for such young people, and I know what you mean by your days being "thrown off". Take care.

G

·
Hi Adam, that has been a problem for me also in the past. But I was just constipated all the time, having diarrhea every so often cleaned me out. But then it would start all over again. I eventually relied on herbal laxatives which is a no no. But it fixed the odor problem. Are you sure the odor is coming from being constipated. Sweat doesn't smell, it's the bacteria in our bodies that makes us smell. Being constipated is another matter however. I've been taking 2 tablespoons of really ground up flax seed morning and night. I also eat an apple an hour before I go to bed. I've just recently had acupuncture too. And I drink lots of water and green tea and take magnesium oxide with my flax at night. It is working wonderfully, I have a full bowel movement every morning. I used to drink Noni juice but there is no need for it now. My acupuncturist told me about this apple bit and I kind of laughed at him as I've eaten apples lots. But now I eat it on an empty stomach and I don't eat after supper much. I do however get gassy, from the flax maybe?, not sure. I hope you can fix this as it's hard especially for such young people, and I know what you mean by your days being "thrown off". Take care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.