Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, So the short story is that back at the end of March I had surgery to correct rectal prolapse. During the surgery, the doctor had to remove about 4 inches of my colon. Ever since the surgery, my bowel issues have been really different. At first, I had constipation, which was hard for me to understand since I am IBS-D. Then, I had a lot of incontinence issues, which the doctor told me could become worse before they got better (and since that was the main reason I had the surgery, that was such a comforting thought). Now, my IBS is the worst it has ever been. Basically, any bowel movements I have are very loose, almost like paste, and I have to strain to get them out. And then I end up having to clean up numerous times afterwards, and I end up never feeling clean as well as aggravating my internal hemorrhoid that bleeds. I am currently on Lomotil, which only helps for a little while, and then I'm back to the same thing. I know I can take immodium, but I'm starting to get really anxious that I will build up a resistance to that medication. I was wondering if maybe during and after surgery, the flora of bacteria in my intestines might have changed? I'm not have a lot of pain with my bms, so that makes me think its not just IBS. I spoke to my surgeon a few weeks ago about my symptoms, and she ordered stool tests for Clostridium Difficile (which I have had before) and for other bacteria/parasites. They both, of course, came back negative. My symptoms are really getting me down, to the point where I cry almost every day. I have tried numerous treatments in the past 5 years, including antidepressants and hypnotherapy, with either not much or partial success. Is there anything people would recommend as a way to "firm up" my bms? I have tried soluble fiber, which worked in the past but is presently not helping. Any probiotics that work really well? I am limited with those because dairy is a trigger, and a bunch of them have traces of milk products (Align, Culturelle). I would appreciate any help or advice -- its starting to get to the point where I don't want to eat
Thanks for reading my post and for any responses.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Hi, the pro-biotics on my site {URL removed}, are in tablet form, therefore not in a dairy yoghurt or drink if that helps.Also I have an aloe vera GEL drink (not a juice which has a very low % of actual aloe), which can help ease the symptoms of IBS generally. This is because it is anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and an immuno-regulator. It is also a pre-biotic meaning that it creates the best invironment for pro-biotics.However, it can make things "loose" for a few days when you first start taking it as it clears out any of the "gunk" in your digestive tract. Things should then start to settle down, but it can be a few weeks before you feel the full benefit of taking this.If you are interested, I would suggest that you contact me via my site for personal and confidential advice on what to take, the dosage, how to built up the dosage, what to expect and any other questions you may have.Aloe Gel also has properties in it which benefit the body's own repair of the damaged gut by supplying it with essential nutrients to do so.Hope this helps

·
Administrator
983 Posts
Do not post links (or parts of the URL) to your site where you are a distributor for products. This violates the Terms of Service for this site.You may post brand names so people can find their own distributor and you may discuss how the product helped you in treating your IBS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.