Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting really frustrated. I really don't have that bad a case of IBS; I go almost every day, even when I feel C. I get bloated and gassy, but most of the time that doesn't bother me much...it actually makes me feel ravenously hungry! (Not so good for my thighs!) But I do have episodes of D, never really severe, just a little, every 2-4 weeks. I gradually lose my appetite and my gut feels "off," and I know it's coming. Then the nighttime spasms start, which originate in my intestines but can make me feel very nauseated...right in the "pit of my stomach." I might have a couple nights like this, with nearly normal days. Then the D hits. I often get bad cramping and urgency, but my D is never a large amount and never quite watery. I go once, maybe twice, then a little later I go a tiny bit more. Then I usually have an attack of nausea during which I am almost certain I will vomit...but don't. This D cycle may repeat, or it may not. Then the recovery phase, which lasts from 1-3 days. Then the slight C again.The D seems to hit every time I have my period, which always used to hit me in my teens (I am 27) but wasn't so bad. Sometimes, too, it hits at midcycle. My question is, could most of my problems be "female" in origin? If so, is there something that could be set right to help me feel better? Do I need to go back on the Pill? I hated being on it, because it killed my husband's and my sex life (I had no libido, etc.) But at this point I feel that would be worth it to get away from these "attacks"--including having all my female parts removed!! I am sick of feeling like I'm gonna barf! And having a stomachache that lasts for days!

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi there!A lot of IBSers have more problems with their IBS around thier period. I know i do! I have also started to have more stomach problems mid-cycle, though i found out that they coincide with ovulating. I know hormones are a trigger just from my own body (even before IBS my period would mess with my bowel.). I went off the pill to see if that would help things and it made no difference for me. If you do want to go back on you could try picking a different brand and seeing if that was any better.What does your doctor say about the nausea?Sorry I don't have any advice - just wanted to let you know you're not alone!kac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.