Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone seen or usedanything "alternative"like accupuncture or actually seen a chinese herbalist to make a specified mixture of hearbs or hypnotherapist or anything like that. I wonder too if there are members of this board who actually got well and didnt need to be here anymore, Id like to hear from that bunch

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I am one of those people who got well and remain that way as long as I keep taking the Calcium daily. If I stop it comes back. I have been successful with this for over a year and if you have ibs diarrhea you should try it.I continue to post because I know how much suffering we go through and I have done for 23 years until I happened on the relief I get from taking the calcium supplement. I just want to let as many people know about this find and hopefully they too can be helped.Linda

G

·
Hi Cyndeeb-I am a recovering IBSer...
Kind of like an alcoholic, once you have it, you have to live with it and learn how to control it for what seems to me like the rest of your life.There are lots of folks on the board who have tried alternatives, I am one. I prefer the use of herbals and other supplements over prescription drugs which never helped me with the condition anyway. Believe me, I have had my share, some still in my medicine cabinet growing old. Why do I keep them? Don't know, I guess as a reminder of just how many drugs I did try.The best thing that happened for me was my mom joined a network marketing company who's main product was herbals. At her insistance I started trying them. I got a little better, but still not great. Then I talked with the doc at the company and followed his recommendations. Within several weeks I felt better than I had in several years.Then I started educating myself on all sorts of herbals and other supplements, including reading all the literature I could find at the university on herbal remedies and on the net. Most of the better research comes from other countries where herbals have been used for many years.I have changed up my use of herbals and other supplements to find the right combination. Now I think I have the right combo for me. Oddly enough, they are from another network marketing company.No, there is really no need for me to be here for support much anymore for myself, but I enjoy telling and sharing my successes, and well, okay, failures too. Sometimes you make "friends" with folks if you stay around long enough and the oldies here have posted, read, and/or know about almost every drug, herbal, and supplement out there.These are a good group of folks for the most part with lots of valuable info to share. I think most of the older members stay here because of two things, we know what others are going through and we care. If we are able to provide "fresh" or new info, I believe most of us feel a sense of satisfaction that we've helped others.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thankyou, I hope to be over all this and be like you and still remain to support others one day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts