Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,From previous posts I noted a lot of people took peppermint altoids as and when required throughout the day or as required to help with pains that ping on and off..Now I take peppermint capsuels in the morning before breakfast and currently mebeverine. But I have been on the look out for altoids also. I am in the UK and cannot find them anywhere, but I have found some peppermint mints in M&S, the ingredients are as follows;SugarDextroseGlucosePeppermint OilBeef gelatineMentholFor those that take altoids are these ingredients the same or similar?Thanks,

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm in the US. Here are the ingredients on my tin of peppermint Altoids:sugar, gum arabic, natural flavor (oil of peppermint), gelatin.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Interesting that Walgreens lists corn syrup as an ingredient... mine doesn't say that. And I'm trying to avoid anything with corn syrup. Will have to keep my eyeballs peeled from now on, since Altoids are my preferred mint.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks both,I will give these a go for a while, trying with dosage etc and see if there is any effect.Tin says there is no artificial flavorings so hopefully when it says peppermint oil it means peppermint oil...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts