Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They are VERY strong breath mints. I can get them here at convenience stores and pharmacies in the candy sections. They are great for settling your tummy.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They are VERY strong breath mints. I can get them here at convenience stores and pharmacies in the candy sections. They are great for settling your tummy.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The Peppermint Altoids seem to have enough oil of peppermint in them to be effective that the antispasmodic properties of peppermint can be gotten from 1-2 Altoids.Here they are at almost all grocery, drug stores, convinience stores and some of the office supply stores. Usually they are at the candy/gum counter.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The Peppermint Altoids seem to have enough oil of peppermint in them to be effective that the antispasmodic properties of peppermint can be gotten from 1-2 Altoids.Here they are at almost all grocery, drug stores, convinience stores and some of the office supply stores. Usually they are at the candy/gum counter.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

G

·
I am not sure if Altoids are available in Canada or not. I usally pack a supply when I go home up there to visit. They might only be available in the US.If you are looking for them, they are in a tin like sucrets.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

G

·
I am not sure if Altoids are available in Canada or not. I usally pack a supply when I go home up there to visit. They might only be available in the US.If you are looking for them, they are in a tin like sucrets.------------------Brenda S, R.N.This too shall pass !Although I am a nurse, nothing I say here should be taken as medical advice, its only personal experience. See your own doctor for any medical questions & answers.

G

·
Thanks for bringing this up - I had no idea about Altoids use in IBS. Yes, they are available in our drugstores here in Canada. At least, here in Ontario they are. Good Luck & God Bless, Chris

G

·
Thanks for bringing this up - I had no idea about Altoids use in IBS. Yes, they are available in our drugstores here in Canada. At least, here in Ontario they are. Good Luck & God Bless, Chris

·
Registered
126 Posts
As you know from reading above this, they are availabl wrapped in cellophane in a red rimmed tin, can be found at the check-out at the grocery. They are WONDERFUL for settling a tummy down, and people at the ibs board on IVillage take them at each meal to stop problems before the start. I use them regularly with good results--good luck Kitty Kat

·
Registered
126 Posts
As you know from reading above this, they are availabl wrapped in cellophane in a red rimmed tin, can be found at the check-out at the grocery. They are WONDERFUL for settling a tummy down, and people at the ibs board on IVillage take them at each meal to stop problems before the start. I use them regularly with good results--good luck Kitty Kat

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
They are made in Great Britain so I'd tend to think the may be readily available in other commonwealth countries.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
They are made in Great Britain so I'd tend to think the may be readily available in other commonwealth countries.K.------------------I am a scientific researcher primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have no ties to the pharmaceutical industry. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Def. available in Manitoba.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Def. available in Manitoba.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I use Altoids for mild queeziness. I almost never finish a whole one, though, as they truly are curiously strong! Also, too many will cause heartburn so I try to use them sparingly.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I use Altoids for mild queeziness. I almost never finish a whole one, though, as they truly are curiously strong! Also, too many will cause heartburn so I try to use them sparingly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also available in speariment and cinnamon flavors (the cinnamon is gross) and I think the peppermint are the ones that would do us the most good although I prefer the spearmint. My dentist told me they are THE WORST things for your teeth.....oh well...too bad teeth. Cindy

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also available in speariment and cinnamon flavors (the cinnamon is gross) and I think the peppermint are the ones that would do us the most good although I prefer the spearmint. My dentist told me they are THE WORST things for your teeth.....oh well...too bad teeth. Cindy

G

·
Hey pasttime,I read on here the other day about Altoids so I just had to try them myself. They really do work. I see that you are in Mississauga as am I. I got my Altoids at Wal-Mart in Square One. I searched high and low through the whole store and then I finally found them at the checkouts as I was paying for my other purchases. GOOD LUCKStacey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.