Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yup, always happens to me! I can eat and eat and I'm still not full. Actually, it's made me gain a few pounds since I was diagnosed with IBS. I find that clamato juice works well, keeps my tummy full and it's pretty healthy. Also, I take Metamucil when I get that feeling as it fills up my stomach too.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Yup, always happens to me! I can eat and eat and I'm still not full. Actually, it's made me gain a few pounds since I was diagnosed with IBS. I find that clamato juice works well, keeps my tummy full and it's pretty healthy. Also, I take Metamucil when I get that feeling as it fills up my stomach too.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep - bloody starving. Plays havoc with the already cuddly waistline. What is hard for me is that all the things that used to fill me but not fatten me (Veg/fruit/spiceyfoods etc)are big no-nos now so I am back to cake and bread as fill-me-ups. Not a pretty sight!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep - bloody starving. Plays havoc with the already cuddly waistline. What is hard for me is that all the things that used to fill me but not fatten me (Veg/fruit/spiceyfoods etc)are big no-nos now so I am back to cake and bread as fill-me-ups. Not a pretty sight!!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
This started recently for me.Right before my annual GI check up.Mine wasn't bad enough to indicate that I had an ulcer, but this is fairly commonly seen in gastritis. We did an H. pylori test to see if that was causing it, which was negative, so the doc put me on Nexium to reduce the acid in the stomach and let it heal.The only thing we think may have caused it was that I had a couple of joint injuries this year and even thought I didn't take great gobs of NSAIDS I did take MUCH more than I usually take in any given 6 month period.Anywho after a couple of days on Nexium it pretty much cleared up. I am off the NSAIDs now so I'm going to see if it has cleared up enough to get off the drugs.One do-it-yourself test that I did prior to going to the doctor was I took Zantac for a couple of days and that seemed to help a bit, so that did help with the prescription of the Nexium (it does a different thing, but it is more powerful in acid reduction than OTC Zantac or Pepcid type of drugs).I was STARVING almost all the time, sometimes eating would make me MORE STARVING than ever. (which made trying to diet really difficult as the ONLY thing that worked was eating very large amonts of food every couple of hours) K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
This started recently for me.Right before my annual GI check up.Mine wasn't bad enough to indicate that I had an ulcer, but this is fairly commonly seen in gastritis. We did an H. pylori test to see if that was causing it, which was negative, so the doc put me on Nexium to reduce the acid in the stomach and let it heal.The only thing we think may have caused it was that I had a couple of joint injuries this year and even thought I didn't take great gobs of NSAIDS I did take MUCH more than I usually take in any given 6 month period.Anywho after a couple of days on Nexium it pretty much cleared up. I am off the NSAIDs now so I'm going to see if it has cleared up enough to get off the drugs.One do-it-yourself test that I did prior to going to the doctor was I took Zantac for a couple of days and that seemed to help a bit, so that did help with the prescription of the Nexium (it does a different thing, but it is more powerful in acid reduction than OTC Zantac or Pepcid type of drugs).I was STARVING almost all the time, sometimes eating would make me MORE STARVING than ever. (which made trying to diet really difficult as the ONLY thing that worked was eating very large amonts of food every couple of hours) K.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
For an entire year or so, I was hungry nearly "all the time." I think I may have had a case of food malabsorption (with D nearly every day), plus I had had an H. Pylori infection. kmottus, it appears that I have chronic gastritis too (now, "anything" can bother my tummy and can set off the gastritis). Three months of Zantac made me feel better. Anyhow, I was wondering how gastritis can be related to an always-hungry feeling? That is, technically, what is going on? Are the stomach juices not acting properly, and thus wrong signals sent to the brain? Actually, I no longer have a famished feeling, though I have had gastritis, but I was wondering in your case what might be going on?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
For an entire year or so, I was hungry nearly "all the time." I think I may have had a case of food malabsorption (with D nearly every day), plus I had had an H. Pylori infection. kmottus, it appears that I have chronic gastritis too (now, "anything" can bother my tummy and can set off the gastritis). Three months of Zantac made me feel better. Anyhow, I was wondering how gastritis can be related to an always-hungry feeling? That is, technically, what is going on? Are the stomach juices not acting properly, and thus wrong signals sent to the brain? Actually, I no longer have a famished feeling, though I have had gastritis, but I was wondering in your case what might be going on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.