Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to make a long story short, like a bunch of others, I had my gallbladder taken out and ever since then it honestly doesn't matter what I eat, it's all the same. Pain, D, night accidents if I go to bed without waiting around 4 hours to make sure I'm not gonna be up all night.

I've tried so so so many meds, almost every diet and so far the best way to mitigate the symptoms is sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and a limit of around 30 grams of fat in a day. Low fodmap didn't do any good and I've tried multiple fiber supplements. I think I'll attempt conger next because unfortunately my stomach can't even digest bean skins even if they've been cooked to oblivion. Most food doesn't get digested which led to some bad purging habits because mean... not like I'd be able to stomach it anyway. There were rare instances of me having multiple bathroom trips and then purging and the next morning I'd have something so close to solid. Next attempt at medication is viberzi (which my insurance thankfully covers).

Am I just an off the wall case? Honestly I'd rather the answer be yes because I'd rather me be the only one who has to live this way and nobody else. Also I guess that wasn't making a long story short at all.

· Registered
313 Posts
I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Gall bladder removal is notorious for causing diarrhea. Maybe look into this, I think there are meds for diarrhea related to this. I am constipated always so I don’t have personal experience.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sorry you are dealing with this. Gall bladder removal is notorious for causing diarrhea. Maybe look into this, I think there are meds for diarrhea related to this. I am constipated always so I don’t have personal experience.
Oh yeah for sure, absolutely none of this started until after the removal. Over the course of 4 months it started with pancreatitis, then gastritis, mono, giardia (which I caught in the hospital of all places) and then finally they just up and took the gallbladder. They doped me up full of dilaudid the entire time so I can't really remember much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts