Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm usually in the IBS-D forum, because, well, I have IBS-D. The only times I have had constipation are when I have taken meds for the diarrhea. I had really awful D from Thursday to Friday morning. Then from Friday afternoon to Sunday (this) afternoon I only had lots of mucus and gas. I started feeling bloated and was in a lot of pain Sunday afternoon. Then I had a bm, but it wasn't so big. I felt a little better after, but now I feel bloated again, like I need to go. I know that no-one would say not going on one full day is bad, but all my symptoms feel like constipation, and I feel like if I have another bm I'll feel better. So do I just get constipated really easily, or am I just not used to not going for a while because I always have D? I don't know if I should be trying to eat bm-inducing foods or taking softeners or not...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had crones induced diarriah for almost 30 years. Then it started swinging the other way a day at a time back and forth for about a year or so. Until I ended up totally constipated with IBS C.I thought I was getting better more normal bowel movments for a while.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi, sounds like me last year. Me too get constipated easily. What meds are you taking for D? Wondering if you've tried probiotics? 'cause unlike immodium, we can adjust the dosage of probiotics and see how much to take to strike a balance instead of swinging between the 2.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hicherrie`s idea is a good one, some gentle probiotics (to start with) may help. if you start out with a one a day dose of about 1billion and see how it goes. if it starts to work, slowly up teh dose untill you reach an amount that you feel you are ocmfortable with.Ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts