Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird things are happening... like.. i used to eat poptarts every morning at work... and like recently they seem to be causing me "D" and at work... thats just embarrasing... and i thougth tea would help me... but it's seems to also be causing me "d"... i try to watch what i eat... and like it's just... bah! it like alternates from me being "C" to "D" is that normal?... when i have to go to the bathroom with "D" and like the bathroom is like taken... i start feeling like cramps.. like AH!!! Is that also normal?... it's just Odd... things i used to eat/drink seem to be affecting me now... i guess soon i'll be living with... i dont know... please like read... comment or help... i'm very confused!!!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Everything you've mentioned sounds "normal" for IBS when you first get it. Many here have been able to control/manage/get rid of many symptoms & it began w/ a ton of research. Then you keep a journal as you try diff approaches to find what works for you. We're all diff, and have to just experiement as we go. No easy answers.A great place to start researching is right here--by reading, and reading, and reading. And google should become your friend!What's worked for me is fiber, probiotics & natural antibacterials. At the beginning, for me,at its worse, cutting down on anything processed helped enormously, though it wasn't easy. Everyone's diff though.This too shall pass...
Talissa

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know just how you feel... the older I become... I find the less I can eat... not too much variety left in that area.. I just came out of the worst bout I have ever had... so I am really afraid to try adding anything back yet..Bland food it is.. Perhaps when things like this strike... it is best to go to a bland diet and wait till things calm down...Oh do I know what you mean about the bathroom... here at home... everyone knows... when mom needs in there it is now... not wait a minute.. At work... thank goodness we have plenty of restrooms just in case.. When I am out... though... I hate using those restrooms... I will if I have too... but most times... I book it home... hence... I do not venture too far away from my city... Travel causes me allot of anxiety...Hope you find some answers for yourself..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ugh at work... i have 1 bathroom i work in an office as a graphic designer and there is 1 small bathroom and it's like... right smack dab in the biddle of everything... so everybody sees me going to the bathroom atleast 4 - 5 times a day... and (oh the noise... the smell AHH!!!)::cries::

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey man, you may have just developed an intolerance to gluten, which means no more pop tarts for you. Try eating an apple, banana or pear instead. They are far better for you anyway IBSer or not.You will have to experiment till you get it right. Try one day without any gluten products whatso ever. Thats no cereal unless its rice or corn, no bread, no pasta unless its made from rice. No biscuits,cakes cookies or whatever.If you feel better the next day you are onto the problem. If not try going dairy free the next day. Thats no milk even in tea or coffee,(There is Soy or ricemilk as alternatives.) No butter, cheese or foods containing lactose (not easy as there are milk solids, & butter in many products.) like milk chocolate, cocoa, health bars, nougat etc. If it does turn out to be one of these food ingredients that is causing the symptoms then consider yourself fortunate to be in the 21st century. Intolerence to both gluten & lactose is now so rive there are many companies that produce alternative food items to compensate. It is just a matter of searching for the items at your s-market. Like good luck. Sorry couldnt help it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Have you been tested for celiac disease? (someone earlier mentioned that you may be gluten intolerant).It can be hard to figure out what is causing your symptoms, especially if the cause seperated in time from the symptoms. There are researchers doing good work in IBS that is helping to identify the underlying causes (which are often different for different people).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.