Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thereI have recently started to have improved stools with my IBS. I am taking ameprazole to reduce the acid in my stomach which I was getting at night. My movements are becoming regular, and all my testing (blood, fecal) have come back negative.I am still getting occasional right side and left side pain with my IBS but they are not extreme. Is my IBS going away?To improve my IBS I am eating lots of fruit and salad and excercising more. Should I be concerned about the occasional pain and go back to the doctors? The bowel movements as stated are going back to being solid and normal again.PSShould I ditch the ameprazole acid inhibitors slowly?Thanks

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Uk Guy,If your pain is way different from what it has been in the past.. yeah, you might want to check in with the Doc.As far as the meds go... I'd talk to your Doc first about maybe backing off of them. Also, you may be feeling better and have less symptoms because the meds are actually working. So stopping them might bring symptoms back. But in any event.. I'd ask your Doc about the meds.Also keep in mind that IBS can come & go and symptoms can wax and wane.Glad to hear you are feeling better though!BQ

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering if IBS can put you at greater risk of crohns or ulcerative colitis, or are these diseases genetic?My flare up lasted about 2 months now but is still grumbling away slowly....

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Mainstream research on IBS indicates that it does not lead to UC or Crohns. However one can have UC or Crohns while also having IBS.I do not know whether UC or Crohns is genetic or if that has even been established.So you are in a waning period with IBS at the moment it seems and that is a good thing.May it continue.
BQ

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes its waning slowly, still get the pain under left rib now and again. Bowel movements are now regular and more solid, however they do come out in weird shapes sometimes (like a pressed D shape). Other times they are normal size..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.