Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have had IBS now for around 2 years, it maibly effects me in the morning but controls my life at all times due to the anxierty it causes me
Any how, I manly end up straining to go to the loo before I know I have to go out to make sureI am empty however I am starting to get worried due to ths.No this is going to be a bit graphic and I appologise but I have now got anxious that I may be getting a prolapse, a couple of reasons on I get piles (well I think they are) internalaly and the hurt but the other thing is and dont ask me how /I now this but when I go to the loo well its hard to explain but the skin around my rectum hole is puffy and well fat and petrouds slightly.Is this normal?? as even when I am not on the loo it looks like a crack with puffy skin round it as opose to a hole.sorrry just really worried I have hurt myself

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Downhill,It's definately not normal. I think it would be wise to set-up an appointment with your doctor. Don't worry
though, you will be okay. It will put your mind at ease once they tell you what it is!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure this is caused when you are straining to try and get something out. That is one of the reasons hemorrhoids appear. I know it can be frustrating, you want to be totally "empty" before you go anywhere, but straining is really doing you more harm than good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
downhill--I have very nearly the same situation since a difficult childbirth. Years of IBS-C certainly didn't help either.I have a confirmed rectocele, but I think I may also have the beginnings of traditional rectal prolapse. I am making it my crusade to see a colo-rectal surgeon and get to the bottom (so to speak) of the situation. I want things rectified if at all possible.I, too was really scared when I first made these discoveries, but I am trying to filter my fear into a determination to sort this out.Feel free to PM me if you like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I too experience the same problem during a really bad bout with IBS-D. I have found that Tucks pads are a dream and also "Witch Hazel" is awesome! You can buy a bottle of Witch Hazel liquid and just dampen your tp with it when you do your final wipe. IT'S a major reliever and it will help shrink the tissue. I did go to the doc because of it and they said they can do surgery and take the hems out, or I can just live with them and watch my "pushing". As long as they are NOT bleeding, you can get them under control. Also... try taking a "sitz" bath. That is, fill your bath tub with about 3" of water and place about 1/4 cup of some sea salt or Epsons salt in the water. This too will help shrink the tissue.Good LuckGina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.