Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read just about everyone's post's and all their symptoms. I seem to be the only one who just has mushy loose BM's I only go once a day but they are far from normal. THAT'S MY ONLY ISSUE. Yesterday I went and had the daily BM and it was just an unformed pile in the bottom today I go and I have a full hard normal bm then I felt like I haven't emptied my bowels and have to deal with that all day. What the hell can I take to normalize everything. Probiotics do nothing for meCheers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only go one time a day it seems like everyone else goes multiple times and has other symptoms (I'm not complaining) just wondering if anyone else has the same symptoms as me.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There really isn't anything bad about having stools vary a bit and not be perfectly average consistency.Once my IBS was under control (no daily pain no medications) I find the stool consistency varies a bit more than I remember from before IBS, but it doesn't bother me so I don't really think about it. After all it did vary some before, just a bit more now and any healthy person can eat enough of certain foods to loosen up the stools for a day or not get enough fiber and have a harder than usual stool for a day or so.It is not true that people without IBS always have one perfect stool once a day every day. Even without IBS it can vary a bit.I mean you could track fiber and fat in the diet and see if there are some amounts of those that help to keep things normal, or if you are looser when you eat more fruit with sorbitol or any of the other things that can effect stool consistency in any human being, like alcohol or caffeine.But if the only symptom you have is a bit of a variation in stool consistency it may not be worth driving yourself nuts aiming for perfection every day of your life. Besides if you feel better all day with a particular stool consistency then you might as well go with that. I'd rather feel better all day than have a picture perfect poop.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Kathleen your right I really don't care how they look I just get annoyed when I get the incomplete feeling where I feel like something is "stuck" I hate that so much. I did have some Chinese food as I was with a bunch of my mates and they said where stopping here and eating didn't really have much of a choice really only had one plate of it but have been feeling rather "off" since eating it. It's a real pain as I really don't have any triggers other than dairy and Chinese food. I can eat a loaf of bread and be fine and eat a pineapple with no ill effects.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Have you tried some soluble fiber therapy?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I usually (if I remember) put a spoon full of metamucil in my glass. I really don't know what fibre therapy is.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I usually (if I remember) put a spoon full of metamucil in my glass. I really don't know what fibre therapy is.
That IS fiber therapy.Well you could try upping your dietary intake of soluble fiber as well as using the Metamucil. Sometimes it can firm up looser stools.Or add some more metamucil.. or have a metamucil wafer as well. ANd also on the days when you feel incomplete evacuation... I found distraction is a good tool.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I kind of thought that's what fibre therapy was. I guess I will have to look at my fibre intake more. The incomplete feeling happens very rarely and I think that's when I don't get a lot of fibre. I will look into fibre supplements a bit more the time time I pop down to the store.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well if it's a rare event for you.. then maybe you do not need to tweak too much of what you are doing then. All the best

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I will do some small tweaking and let you know how I get on. Cheers for the help it's greatly appreciated.Cheers

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
When I dealt with incomplete evacuation, I started out with about 6 grams of fiber a day and later pushed it up to 12 grams. It worked just fine for me. Do not be afraid to play with your dosage and brands, we are all different.Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts