Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,I know that this is a ridiculous phobia that I have developed since being diagnosed. One of my main problems is that I tend to be more on the IBS-C side of things though I also have lots of days where my stools are soft!!I have a problem with mucus discharge (on its own) and this only seems to happen if I am v constipated or if I have more than 1 BM within a few hours.I also have incomplete evacuation so am always uncomfortable!!What I try to do is try control things so that I have a BM after lunch every day, but, of course , this doesn't always happen and then I get REALLY anxious that the mucus will start and that is my worst fear!! In truth, all that I am doing is getting more and more anxious every day.I have a special event to go to on Sunday and am already worried and anxious that I wont have a BM (or have too many ) beforehand and then get mucus which would stop me going as its a bit like being incontinent!! (every time I pass wind, I pass mucus!! YUK)If I had to miss this, my son would be really disappointed. My anxiety just makes things worse and worse but am unsure how to switch it off!!Does anyone else FEAR their BM's like I do or am I totally loopy?? Also any ideas how I can get back to thinking more normally about what should be a very normal act??Thanks,Jane x

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Oh Jane I am sure you are very far from being alone! No worries there!Now for this event and others... just wear protection maybe. Just having something on may completely lower your anxiety and maybe even allow you to enjoy the event! So get out there... get some protection that you feel confident with and have a wondeful day!I have to wear something every single day and trust me.. it provides so much comfort in mind AND body!So give it a try! And try not to stress about it as much as possible. Keep yourself distracted away from negative thinking.. stay busy with positive things.Wish you a great time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.