Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's amazing. I had a really stressful weekend. I went to a Coast Guard Auxiliary District conference in Seattle. I had a blast, but it was stressful, for sure! My IBS was really not an issue all weekend. I only had a small amount of constant pain and sharp pains every now and then. I ate fairly well. 3 meals a day, most of the time fruits and or veggies with each meal. Not a lot of meat (they didn't serve anything I really liked!). Tried to stay away from deserts. Got plenty of exercise from having to travel miles a day around the hotel on crutches. I actually had a chance to get my picture with the Admiral of our area, talked with many people, made some new friends. I am surprised at the fact that the packed time schedule and lack of sleep (go hospitality room!!!) didn't flare anything up. I managed to begin my qualifications to be an air observer (ride in planes and be a lookout for suspicious things). I'm just still amazed at how well my body actually did. I just wish I knew which one of those things or which of the multiple things helped.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
YAY! It's always great when our bodies surprise us like that! Maybe it wasn't what you did or did not do exactly, just that while it was stressful you were enjoying yourself so your brain decided it didn't have time for IBS for a change
I totally just made that up btw
, I have no clue why these things happen but I hope the well streak continues!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I hope it continues as well, but I have a gut feeling that it's not going to last.... at least that's what my intestines are telling me. Maybe I just need to hang out at conventions all the time. I'm having some good old cramps now! So much for going to the gym tonight (I just love 24 hour gyms!)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Honugirl-That sounds great! Don't you love it when you have a good couple of days like that? I always think, boy if you can have two days like that then you can have more. If only we could find the clues to it! But even if not, it is good to enjoy your achievements despite your IBS.Congrats on starting on the air observer qualifications!

G

·
Hey power to you girl - what an amazing and different thing to be doing - but why the crutches - soz have I missed something here?? Well, did notice you are calling yourself Accident Girl!!But yes, you've hit the nail on the head - keeping busy is the key to all of this - at least the bloody IBS takes a back seat if you are doing summat interesting. I do advocacy work at Court and its terrifying (the Judge - a total ghoul) and I dread it, bowels all over the place beforehand but never once I'm busy.Take care of yourself anywaySue

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the good comments!Yes, accident girl is my new nickname. I'm always injured. The sad part is hockey season's just begun!!! I'm on crutches for a knee sprain. I'm going for an MRI next week. I hope it comes out clean. What they're looking for is a MCL tear, joint capsule damage, or some meniscus damage. I'm wishing I could go back to last weekend. I felt better then. My darn bowels have been acting up again. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. I'm supposed to begin my training on our Coast Guard boat and it doesn't have a head (washroom), so hopfully if I need to go we'll be near a harbor! Otherwise..... I'll probably stick with my meds and bring some immodium/pepto with me in case.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good luck for tomorrow! Goodness, you ARE brave going on a boat with no loo
I'll have my fingers crossed you don't need to stick your bum over the side of the boat
I too am an accident girl. DH calls me Barry all the time cause I'm always walking into stuff, tripping over stuff, hitting things with my head. It's great! NOT!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it will be an experience! We'll see how long I last. Between my knee and my bowels..... I think it will be ok. Usually if I'm on a boat, I'm not thinking about the bad stuff only what I have to do work wise. Me too! I'm always running into things, tripping over things, I guess it's a part of my ADHD. I'm just not paying attention enough to realize I'm going to walk into something!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.