Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a post I believe on Monday regarding my 'Death by Tostitos' incident , and holy cow did it ever take a turn for the worst.So all day Monday , I'm in agony from the constant waves of pain and cramping I was getting from my supposed junk overdose the night before...I have had similar (but not as intense) pain in the past , that has only lasted for brief periods of time , then gone away on its own.Well:I play professional pool ... I get to my tournament around 7pm. I'm still in a moderate amount of pain. Getting there was a pain in the rear. Every bump we hit in the road caused insane cramping and these shooting like pains all around my lower belly and up to my navel. I swear I could even feel it in my hips and back.I get to the tournament site , I have a BM. Pain slightly subsides. Within 30 minutes, I'm in agony again.... I'm now having trouble passing gas.This carries on til around midnight , just before I leave. At this point , I'm having trouble straightening up when I stand. I feel literally , bent over in pain. (not to mention sluggish and tired). Im letting out pipsqueak amounts of gas , but nothing nearly substantial enough to ensue any relief. My boyfriend drops me off at home and I almost crawl up the stairs.I figure , I've had 3 pretty good BM's that day , so I couldn't see it being constipation. By 1:30am , I am in tears. I crawl into my parents room (thankfully living at home right now) , and I'm crying with lack of option to relieve the pain. I had tried the tea , Bentylol and even Diovol to relieve what I thought was supposed gas , but nothing worked. My dad tells me to take another 2 Diovol and lie down on my side with my knees bent up. (Apparently , this position helps to expel gas!?!!)I go to my room. I can't lie down. I can barely sit. My rectum practically shoots with pain when I tried to sit , and my pelvic area is so cramped that even lying down was painful...I crawl back into my parents room , still hysterical. I don't know what's going on at this point and I'm not convinced its gas. My boyfriend calls to see if I'm okay. He gets worried and says he's coming over because he's worried. At this point , my parents are worried. They call 911. I can't even get to my feet.My boyfriend shows up , and my mom and bf follow the amb to the hospital. Vitals are normal. No fever. I'm not feeling nauseous or vomiting or weak...I'm just in sheer pain. They stick me in a wheelchair. ( yes It was fun being carted around all night LOL )They immediately send me for a urine sample. They think its a possible bladder / urine infection. Never had one in my life. Pee comes back normal. They do blood to rule out pregnancy and some other junk. Comes back normal , EXCEPT for the fact that my white cell count was slightly elevated , but very 'Nonspecific" as they like to say..They think its my appendix....I go for an Ultrasound ... nothing.I go for an Xray ... nothing except a little bit of poop in the right side of my guts.They do all these other "appendix" tests...No reaction from me , and at this point I'm starving and all I can think of is food and sleep. (its like 7am)They said they could do a CT scan , but wasn't recommended and wasn't found to be really necessary. (and the radiation from that is equivalent to 300 Xrays)They basically sent me home with the "we don't know, but it sounds like IBS" discharge.At this point , I'm feeling a bit less crampy.... I fart in my mom's car
(haha!) I go home , exhausted and confused and pass out.Its now (Thursday morning) Wednesday at 4am. I'm not feeling nearly as bad as I was but I'm still strangely gassy , I'm constantly feeling the need to have a BM. (I've gone every day)... I still get these strange sensations like I have to have a BM , but I just end up peeing alot.WTF?!!!I start Prep for my Colonoscopy / Endoscopy tomorrow night. I AM SO FRICKIN SCARED!!!!.... Not looking forward to any of this.SO thus brings me to my questions:a) Has anyone else had an "emergency" episode like this , where the pain was so debilitating that you ended up in Emerg??
... I'm really freaking out about this prep and procedure. Any words of wisdom?
Thanks guys <3

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Yep, IBS pain can be bad enough people end up going to the ER.If you have a bunch of stuff to drink, usually it is better if you chill it.Get some flushable baby wipes and something to read or play with in the bathroom as you'll be having a lot of time in there during the prep.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PHEW!!!Okay , well I've gone through 2 out of the 4 liters of KleanPrep .... I didn't know Vanilla flavoured seawater exists. *VOM*.... As far as my bathroom trips , they were actually quite minimal and I was cleaned out rather fast. I didn't even get through the firsts few pages of a magazine. Not as bad as I predicted. I gave myself a head start on the fluids on Wednesday night and it made the potty runs much much easier :)So far the worst of this , is the actual consumption of the KleanPrep. I have no idea where I had the stomach to hold that stuff down. I think I'm gonna try mixing in some clear juice with it in the morning , when I take the last 2 liters. Ugh.... horrible stuff lol.Anyone else know of any other methods to get the KleanPrep down fast and easy? It took me over 2 hours to do 2 liters tonight and I gotta finish the remaining 2 liters by 9am. Yuck!!! I want this to be fast and easy haha...... oh and I could totally wolf down a burger and onion rings right now. I miss food LOL.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.