Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other night I became brave. I thought I might try something that I haven't done in a long time, since I've been feeling excellent. You all know that I am lactose intolerant, Right? Well, here's what I did: I ate about 1/2 bag of Doritos with cheesier nacho flavor (couldn't stop eating them, so addictive). When I finished I sat on my sofaand waited to see what would happen. About 15-20 minutes later my stomach started to tremble, really loud. So I went and got my aloe juice, drank 1/4 cup and took my usual 2 mega-acidophilus and went to bed. I thought that I might be in for it the following morning. But to my surprise, I was WRONG!!!!! NO CRAMPS!!! NO STOMACH PRESSURE!!!! NOGAS!!!! Just a nice BM. I was extremely pleased. If I hadn't taken the acidop. and the aloe, I bet I would have been doubled over the following morning.As a matter of fact, I KNOW I WOULD HAVE HAD A BAD DAY! Just another test. Laura

G

·
Laura since your are lactose intolerant, does that mean that only lactose causes you problems.? Those cheesier nacho flavored chips may not have had any dairy in them since it said flavored.------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

G

·
don't know why this posted so many times...so I erased[This message has been edited by Dittybop (edited 09-06-99).]

G

·
Laura,You make me laugh, because I ate Fritos last night, first time in years, and ate way too many. The awful feelings started late last night, continued through the night and into this morning. I took my ginger pills and acidophilus a little while ago, went potty a few times and am feeling better now, but I don't think it's over yet...UGH! Or maybe I'm just worried that it's not, who knows. All I know is that I'm on the bland foods again today, just in case.DOWN WITH FRITOS!!!!!

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
What you described sounds nothing like lactose intolerance. It sounds like you have a hypersensitive gastrocolic reflex.. You would have to redo the experiment without the aloe to really know you would have a had a bad day. Even then, you can�t know for sure because of placebo effects.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything with any bit of cheese makes my stomach tremble. No cheese products for me.Laura

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
I don�t know what it is, but it doesn�t sound like lactose. Hard cheeses don�t have even have lactose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts