Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading these boards a lot over the past week, especially while feeling lousy, and I would like to introduce myself to you all and offer you a word of thanks.Firstly, I'm a 26 year old male and I have IBS, and have been actively suffering with it non-stop for 10 months now. I think I had mild symptoms of it before that time. I've been worked all up, over, inside and out (as I'm sure you can all relate), and I'm currently taking Celexa and Lomotil with inconsistent results. I'm married to a wonderful woman, have no children, 1 persian cat, and a hound dog.I am very interested in this community, as both a patient with IBS, and as a health professional, I'm a biomedical researcher, currently finishing medical school as well.I would like to thank you all for your openess and support for IBS patients. Especially the brochure for people who don't have IBS (from "Molly"). I've found that over the last months I've slipped into a mild funk/depression/guilt about both my social life and my professional life. I haven't used this to show anyone yet, but it really put things in perspective and made me remember this isn't my fault.CMC

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
CMC, I'd like to thank YOU for choosing a career in medical research. Talk about making a diff in the world! And I'm really sorry you too are having to go through the pains of IBS and the change in socializing. I hope for you, and everyone here, that it passes eventually as it has for me after trying many diff natural remedies. You'll get to a mostly "normal" spot again, with a normal social life, eventually if you're proactive. Having said that...As a scientist, you may not see this as I do, but to me, there's order in the universe--a reason for things that happen to us no matter how difficult it may be to see. Maybe, just maybe, you became an IBS statistic so that you can one day help other IBS sufferers, and not just with drugs that hide symptoms. Maybe do biomedical research in the field of probiotics?
Welcome to the bb. I hope you & your brain can contribute to discussions on new research, etc!Talissa

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
CMC, I'd like to thank YOU for choosing a career in medical research. Talk about making a diff in the world! And I'm really sorry you too are having to go through the pains of IBS and the change in socializing. I hope for you, and everyone here, that it passes eventually as it has for me after trying many diff natural remedies. You'll get to a mostly "normal" spot again, with a normal social life, eventually if you're proactive. Having said that...As a scientist, you may not see this as I do, but to me, there's order in the universe--a reason for things that happen to us no matter how difficult it may be to see. Maybe, just maybe, you became an IBS statistic so that you can one day help other IBS sufferers, and not just with drugs that hide symptoms. Maybe do biomedical research in the field of probiotics?
Welcome to the bb. I hope you & your brain can contribute to discussions on new research, etc!Talissa

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.