Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have constant anal itching/burning? Could questran or calcium citrate help. I think the little amount of stool that may touch the skin is irritating it. I think it is the bile salts in the stool. Thanks,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,Yes I do get this. I think its because its very difficult to wipe completely, due to the consistancy of my movements (IBS-d). I also have to "over wipe" which causes friction pain and sometimes I break the small blood vessels. It all very sensitive generally in that area. I recommend wet wipes like you get for babies. The supermarkets do moist toilet wipes. I constantly have these by my toilet. You can get travel wipes for work etc.I just use regular antiseptic creams:- a gentle one. Some have a mild anesthetic to help with the burning. You may have worms. Look at you stool. If you see white stringy bits this will suggest worms. Contact your doctor. Don't be alarmed they're easily treated and do not mean your dirty etc.Ems

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,Yes I do get this. I think its because its very difficult to wipe completely, due to the consistancy of my movements (IBS-d). I also have to "over wipe" which causes friction pain and sometimes I break the small blood vessels. It all very sensitive generally in that area. I recommend wet wipes like you get for babies. The supermarkets do moist toilet wipes. I constantly have these by my toilet. You can get travel wipes for work etc.I just use regular antiseptic creams:- a gentle one. Some have a mild anesthetic to help with the burning. You may have worms. Look at you stool. If you see white stringy bits this will suggest worms. Contact your doctor. Don't be alarmed they're easily treated and do not mean your dirty etc.Ems

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Anything that will normalize the bms should help. If you have d, it is easy enough to try Caltrate. If that doesn't work, find a doctor that will let you try Questran. I had constant d and used to wake up for years in the middle of the night with intense itching. A fungicide helped, but only while I was using it. Tea tree creams helped--especially in getting the area clean--but it was still a daily problem. With compacted stools and a normal frequency, I never have that problem anymore. In my case, the flavonoids have stopped the frequency and liquidity and a little fiber and omega 3 have normalized the stool. Experiment with your treatment until you find something that works for you.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Anything that will normalize the bms should help. If you have d, it is easy enough to try Caltrate. If that doesn't work, find a doctor that will let you try Questran. I had constant d and used to wake up for years in the middle of the night with intense itching. A fungicide helped, but only while I was using it. Tea tree creams helped--especially in getting the area clean--but it was still a daily problem. With compacted stools and a normal frequency, I never have that problem anymore. In my case, the flavonoids have stopped the frequency and liquidity and a little fiber and omega 3 have normalized the stool. Experiment with your treatment until you find something that works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.