Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning: this post is descriptive about the anus.Hi,Does anyone know of a support resource for anal disorders? I think I have an anal dysfunction as a result of an anal fissure. I have a problem passing stools even when I have the urge - I have to strain even with the urge, and the anus feels tight. Using a squatting position greatly helps the passage. When I probe the anus gently with a gloved finger (I did this recently in order to insert the ointment), I think I feel a lump of tissue. Also, when I have large gas bubble I have to lie on my back or sometimes even do a headstand in order to pass wind. A.lso, the anal opening looks smallI just went to the gastroenterologist yesterday, and I was certain she would make a discovery, and was surprised/disappointed when she said the anus and rectum looked perfectly normal, no sign of fissure. She didn't think there was scar tissue either. Unfortunately, I had to change doctors when I moved, so she doesn't have the full history.I guess I'm looking for an anal support forum, but also I wanted to see if anyone has had elimination issues and it was due to a problem with the anus being restricted due to abnormal tissue healing or the skin being swollen? I could have a rectal issue, not sure... I have to take some Miralax (about 1/3 dose) every day to make my stools softer.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.