Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was constipated from the day I was born, but when I moved up to the Northeast US, I got IBS-D.....and have struggled with it for the past 3 years. About 5 years ago, right before I got married, I got an anal fissure caused by constipation. That thing persists to this day
Once I got IBS-D, it seemed as if that actually made it worse....so now it's a chronic fissure. I've also developed some skin tabs to go along with it, which can become swollen and irritated. I won't even to into the fistula (minor) that I have.....although the doc checked that out....no Dx of Chrohn's....rather he said it was likely from two of the original skin tabs healing together (???...ok), and since one end of it is completely healed over, the whole thing is now dormant.My question is.....does anyone else on here deal with this? The fissure, the skin tabs.....any of that? I've been able to fairly successfully manage it, even the doc waved off surgery and said I should avoid it unless I'm in constant pain that disrupts things significantly. My concern about surgery is that because of the threat of incontinence, it's not recommended for people with IBS-D. The flip side of no surgery is what's called anal stenosis....building up of scar tissue that makes it hard to use the bathroom *should* I ever find a successful treatment for my IBS. They say permanent anal stenosis is rare...but who knows.....Any stories or sharing of experiences is welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.