Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed with an anal fissure about a week ago, not a surprise since I'd been having very painful bowel movements for a couple weeks (although I thought it might be worsening hemorrhoids). I was prescribed an ointment of nifedipine and lidocaine, which I believe is a standard treatment. Here's my question: how can I make sure I'm getting it to the right place? I've read some tips on how to apply it, and they say not to go "too deep." Should I be trying to find the fissure, which should be the most painful place, or just applying the ointment generally in the anal/rectal area? I'm not expecting immediate results, just want to use this product correctly so that hopefully in time things will improve.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was diagnosed with an anal fissure about a week ago, not a surprise since I'd been having very painful bowel movements for a couple weeks (although I thought it might be worsening hemorrhoids). I was prescribed an ointment of nifedipine and lidocaine, which I believe is a standard treatment. Here's my question: how can I make sure I'm getting it to the right place? I've read some tips on how to apply it, and they say not to go "too deep." Should I be trying to find the fissure, which should be the most painful place, or just applying the ointment generally in the anal/rectal area? I'm not expecting immediate results, just want to use this product correctly so that hopefully in time things will improve.
Hello, I think the best will be to ask your doctor or the pharmacist that knows this specific product.
On the other hand, I also recommend you to use specific probiotics to repair the fissure and dragon´s blood if it is open, to close it and help with the cicatrization.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts