Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I've had an anal fissure since my daughter was born just over a year ago. Although my pregnany was smooth sailing, since then I've been hit hard by an IBS © flare-up. (Aside from my pregnancy, there has not been a time in my life when I *haven't* been dealing with IBS!!)In a few weeks I'm scheduled for an lateral internal sphincterotomy to correct the fissure and am wondering if anyone else has gone through this. I'm anxious to know more about other experiences with healing when IBS is going bonkers...Thanks!mcdoug

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In short, anusol, and nitroglycerin didn't work and I simply can't afford botox, which is not covered by my insurance because it is considered a cosmetic drug (go figure!).In Canada, nitroglycerin is mixed by the pharmacist upon prescription from a doctor (it's not off the shelf) and botox is also prescription, administered by a doctor to the internal sphincter.Has anyone else gone through this type of surgery? I'd really like to hear something positive...

·
Registered
721 Posts
nitro and can give you a headache but it did work for me. Took a couple of months though. I would try the botox if you can afford it. Why go through surgery when botox is 90% effective in studies. Dr. Stephen Gorfine at Mt. Sinai in NYC is the expert. Don't know if you live near him but if you do, I would pay him a visit.Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.