Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I had a small cut around my anus, I assumed it was an anal fissure and it cleared up. But these past few days I have been noticing blood when I wipe and when I looked I saw 2 fissures. Or at least I think they are fissures.I have just been through a bad episode of D and the toilet paper I use isn't the softest (lol) and I have a really bad habit of wiping every time I go to the toilet even when I only go for a number 1 just because I'm so worried that there's going to be some stool left over and I'm going to smell. But is it normal to have this many fissures? Should I go to the doctors? I think I have only had them for a week. It's quite itchy too, is this normal?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It might be worth having the doctor take a look. Sometimes they can prescribe a cream to help heal them up.You might get some flushable wet wipes for wiping back there, and regular use of a bit of diaper cream may not be a bad idea to keep the skin less irritated overall.

·
Banned
240 Posts
Sounds like a fissure. Not a big deal, millions of people get them.For most people, they come and go. For some, they become chronicand these may require surgery. Also, infected fissures may cause a perianal abscess. And 50 to 67%of the time, an abscess develops into a fistula and this almost alwaysrequires surgery. Don't freak out as the fissure most likely go away. But if you have excessivediarrhea or constipation, it may become chronic.I have two currently, and it may have caused my perianal abscessesand fistula. The treatment is a nitroglycerin cream but this causes severe headaches anddizziness so the top colon rectal surgeons now prescribe diltiazem.Other possible treatments are botox and fissurectomy.I recommend seeing a colon rectal surgeon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.