Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been diagnosed[finally] with IBS. which I was pretty sure I had.I have had it for years but never knew what it was.I am asking if anyone has experienced anal fissures due to IBS and if so what treatment has worked.I have had these in the past but they have healed.The ones I have now have not healed and are very painful when I use the toilet.[itchy too!]I mainly have diarrhea with the odd bout of constipation.This is my first time posting so maybe this has already been discussed.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi Cleo's mum. My experience with anal fissures. Had them once about 2 years ago. It used to burn like crazy all day long and worse when on the toilet. It took surgery to get rid it. After surgery the horrible burn went away the next day. I am ibs d and never constipated but still ended up with the fissure.Talk to your doctor about it, it is a day surgery and you come home the same day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.I have been doing alot of research regarding this topic and I have read about surgery.Some quite scarey---loss of muscle control etc.Glad to hear of a success story.One of the fissures is inside the anus and it is the one that is giving me the most problem.When did yours appear?Mine, I know, has been aggravated by the colonoscopy [my 1st and last!] that I had 3 weeks ago.That is when I was diagnosed with IBS.The pain was so terrible that the Dr. had to put me right under.I think that after hearing of your experience I am going to see my G.P. and do something about this.I have been too embarrassed to broach the subject.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Well have the doctor look at the back end to see if it is a fissure or hemmarhoids would be a way to really know.IBS is diagnosed when you have specific symptoms and those symptoms are not due to another disease.Usually when they are due to another disease you tend to have one of the "red flag" symptoms that are common in other diseases but not in IBS.There are some things seen in studies that are different between IBSers and normals, but none has been developed into a positive test for IBS at this time.K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.