Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, all you research fanatics. what is this: when you have the urge to go, but it won't come out on it's own. you either have to push and then you don't get much; or a little comes out and then stops. it'll just hang there swingin away. is there a term for this other than lazy colon?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The can be "outlet obstruction"You get it to the end, but can't relax the sphincter enough to go. People tend to strain a lot, but not go very much.Might also look at "pelvic floor dysfunction".They can test for this, and biofeedback is often used to train the muscles to relax when the should relax, and for the converse when people have leaking problems because they are not tight when they should be tight.see http://www.mayoclinic.org/constipation/K.

·
Registered
124 Posts
This could be a rectocele. I have been told that is most likely what I have. I can sit there all day and very little bm will come out. I then have to actually push through my vagina into the wall of the rectum to get it to come out. This happens when the colon slips behind the wall of the vagina. I have to see a urogynocologist for this. Have an appt. in may. I'm told there is PT for this (bio feedback) or surgery sometimes to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts