Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I I can tell you from what info I have so far.I have 100 names on the list.Ages-10-64yrs 12no answerYears had IBS-1week-50yrs.14no answermarital status-2 divorced,47married,20singlechildren-65people had childrengender of IBSers-74females,13males,14unknownType of IBS-39"D",9"C",16"C&D,1body pain,1gas 66answered Possible causes-Stess 72,food 44,PMS 4 ,gallbladder 6,other medical problems 14symptoms-nauseau 15, various other reasons 12other than drug treatments-38 answered, 20 said they are on some sort of diet.The rest have various other things they did to help themselves.Pets-13cats,9dogs,and various other farm animals.Meds(drugs)58 answeredCalcium of some form-22imodium-10anti-depressant-about10fiber-4prevacid-3herbs-3colpermin-2other drugs mentioned-levsin,librax,probiotics,dicyclomine,xantac,propulcid(there were others too)I'm not done yet and I could use more information(especially men). If you don't understand something or think I left something out let me know. I am finding that most people have had some kind of operation or medical procedure prior to getting IBS I have to do some back tracking to get totals I'll give you another update next Monday. Have a great night.
:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you all for the continued response to the list. I have already add about 5 more names. Have a great day

·
Registered
57 Posts
Maryt,You are awsome!!! I don't know what other info. i can offer you other than I am a man and think that stress seems to be the greatest factor to my IBS D. I found your comment on most have had some kind of operation or proceedure done before IBS. This is not true for me as far as I know. My symptoms started when I was real young. My mother (God rest her soul) had the same problem. Thanks for doing all the work I am glad numbers and data are your strong points.Ricky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts