Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wana scream my house down! i had such a wonderful day yday, nothing upset me, nothing made me feel nauseaus, yet today nothing is playin ball! i seem to have a good day followed by a pap one, i begin to feel better then slip the day after! ive done nothing different...so you can probelry understand my anger. but i have bloatedness today, gas, and feel nauseaus and i wanted to go to the shops today but look awful....maybe i should have gone yday! GAH anyone else relate? im truely fed up how by not doing anything from one day to another changehow ur body works?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
IBS often kind of comes and goes on its own for no apparent reason.Sometimes it can be things you can't control like the weather that bothers it. Some people are worse on hot days or cold days or when a front goes through.Some of the things that we think may be the same, like quality of sleep may be different even if you went to bed and got up at the exact same time. No two days are every completely the same even if you ate the same diet and had the exact same routine. Some days you may be fighting off an infection that never got bad enough to notice, or one day may have a bit more air pollution or other things that may not be bad enough to really notice but may be enough to slightly stress the system.And it may come and go in the absence of any external triggers even if you could actually make two days identical as some of your internal triggers may just vary over time (like what part of your menstrual cycle you are in and other things that vary from day to day no matter what you do)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats true i guess! it just agrivates me more though.. i started my second pack of the pill so no periods for me until next year now as i found that made me hella worse..but recently ive had some slight spotting! today i just feel yucky and its gettin me down. gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol sometimes u have to laff but its hard to

·
Registered
722 Posts
Believe me i know exactly how you feel.I have no good days with my IBS,every day is awful and i have to live with it!I do try to 'keep my chin up' but it is difficult as nothing helps any of my symptoms.Hope you have a better day soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everything is a challenge today, ive had my brekfast n lunch n snacks dinner will be in half hour but im not overly hungry but i will eat what i can, just feel blegh mehhhhh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi - I can really feel for you. I know the days that seem like "why me." and "why this." Feel free shot me a note and I can share what I've been doing that has helped me a tremendous amount. The last three months have been a big answer to prayer for me with regard to my health and dealing with this crazy illness. It's hard topic to discuss I know but your quality of life is at stake. I know it was for me. You've come to a good place for help, support and information. god bless.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I would be interested to know what has helped you to feel better,as i have been ill for years and tried absolutely everything i could think of to help but my daily suffering goes on and is ruining my life.Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hello nitchermaxIt is so nice to read something positive for a change,i always try and not give up hope that one day i will feel better.I was trying to email you back but i could not dont know whats going on.What exactly is Gluthathione Accelerator? I have never heard of this.Do you live in the UK? I do.Thanks again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had ten years of IBS wiped out by removing gluten and dairy from my diet. Within hours the awful stomach pain stopped and the diarrhoea went away. It was almost miraculous.I still had issues with carbs and there was little I could eat without discomfort, but gradually my digestion improved. I think that realising that I have actually been very underlyingly dehydrated for a long time has been the biggest factor. I just never realised - I was drinking wasn't I? Yes, but I wasn't drinking water - and that is what my body was crying out for.My digestion is a lot better now I am rehydrating - although the D stopped I then started getting C instead, but that, like the D was actually another indication that I was dehydrated. It never dawned on me, because I thought that having D had to mean that I was drinking enough, but I now think that because there wasn't enough water in my body for it to be able to digest certain foods, it was just using what water it could get hold of to get the undigested food straight through and out the other end as quickly as poss (hence the constant plethora of undigested or half-digested food in the loo!). Even the drinks I was drinking were dehydrating - the tea, coffee, squash, juice, coke, and alcohol - all dehydrating to a greater or lesser degree, so I was never getting the full benefit from what I was drinking because my body needed to use some (or all) of the water in the drink to digest and process it!The C was actually an improvement to the D, but there still wasn't enough water to get it all through comfortably, but now I am rehydrating it is much improved and I don't have any problems in that department any more. I could just kick myself for all the wasted years of trying to figure out what was going on with my body - it was giving me the signals but I didn't realise what it was telling me! The fact that I didn't drink water very often because it made me feel so thirsty! Doh!The gluten foods, the dairy and the carbs and sugars need a lot of water for digestion. Without enough it will start to impact (in more ways than one!). We also need salt. Salt is an intrinsic part of the water-regulation in the body. Yes, salt will affect blood pressure but only if 1) it is cheap rubbish table salt (which is what would be in most processed food) which is devoid of all the other minerals that are found in real unrefined sea or rock salt and 2) if people have the salt without drinking enough water for the kidneys to be able to remove what salt the body doesn't need. I now take my own real salt with me when I go anywhere for food.Without enough water the body will end up storing it which is obviously not good. But taken in conjunction with each other, the salt helps the body to put the water where it is needed - at cellular level (like a lot of things in the body the cells are surrounded by salt water - it keeps your eyes clean and sterile for one).The current trend for high carb, low fat, and low (good) salt is one of the worst things that could have happened to us. For centuries people have eaten a relatively low carb, high fat and normal salt diet without any problems at all. Yes, there was still sickness and disease, but generally those who ate a good moderate diet, got plenty of fresh air and exercise and sleep, lived relatively well into ripe old age.We are allowing ourselves to be dictated to by those 'who think they know better'. But do they???

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am pleased that you eventually found something that has eased your symptoms,i wish i could.It is always nice to read something positive about this dreadful syndrome.I have also tried exclusion diets but they did not help my symptoms.I have been drinking water by the bottle load for many years and that does not help.I maybe have one cup of black tea in a day but my main drink is the water.They say it is so good for you,it does nothing for me!I just do my best to get by each day with this illness and hope i find something that will help.I live in hope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts