Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help I'm sopposed to be leaving in about a half hour to go with some friends back to their school 4 hours away. I'm so nervous that i now really don't feel so well. I have gas and some nausea. I also feel really cold, no temp. Am I possibly sick, or so nervous that I made myself sick? Should I go? Will I have fum if I do? I am Ibs-c and it is not all thay under control.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Tiffy, try to relax and go have fun. I have found before I go somewhere the anxeity turns on, but when I get there and am distrated from the IBS I usally have fun and forget about it. Not always but more often then not.Its working yourself up which can be a problem.------------------ http://www.ibshealth.com/ www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think you should go have some fun, and try not to worry about things. Social events seem to have the opposite affect on me. When i sit here at home I start worrying more. But when i go out somewhere, I dont think about the ibs at all. So I say go for it.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Beth, I have found that somewhat also if I stay home I feel guilty I didn't go and that can make it worse.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
tiffy, I hope you went on your trip. In the future, if you know you are going somewhere, you might think about using a mild laxative the day before (I use perdiem with senna) on those occassions. Hope all went well. I have IBS-C too and hate to go anywhere feeing full and uncomfortable and gassy. It's awful.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I always get uptight and nervous before I go anywhere and when I do anything socially with anyone even though I do like being around people. That's where the IBS-C kicks in. For a long time, I didn't go anywhere because I felt irritable, stuffed up and bloated. But, I missed out on a lot. I found that if I did have a good time, than I would forget about my stomach. I just took alot of fiber food along and didn't eat foods that would stuff me up more.My advice - is go! and have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts