Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn having IBS is so annoying I'm sure all of you agree. I have a hard time falling asleep at night and a hard time getting up in the morning. I think part of it is because I have IBS and I don't wanna deal with it. Any of u guys have this same problem?

·
Registered
136 Posts
yeah, like today. I work 3rd shift, I came home dead tired this morning. Went to bed at 7:30, woke up at 10:30, and my stomach was rumbling real bad, having spasms, etc. Never could get back to sleep, and now I got a doctors appointment at 3, so I can't go back to bed

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shortyflygyrl...Wish I had some "magical" cure for how you're feeling but can only offer the support of all of us who share your sadness and/or anger with this illness.Of course, there is a myriad of things you could try to help with the symptoms to include meds, HT,cognitive-behavioral therapy and a host of OTC meds; plus, if you have a "Higher Power", that would always be your first place to go.What's important here is how your are feeling psychologically right now. It's ever so easy to say, "Well, you've got to change your perspective and attitude about how you see yourself and how you THINK others see you". That makes it sound so simple. It's not. However, it is necessary.We've all run the gammit of emotions with this but from almost 14 years experience, this one thing I'm sure of..without doubt. Aside from prayer and the HT tapes of Mike's, the perpetual support from Eric and Marilyn (Cookies4), I've learned to accept this as my lot in life for now anyway. It may not always be,and I hope not, but for now this is the hand I was dealt. Now, I can choose to find ways to cope of I can be angry and hostile at the world. Psychologically, it is absolutely impossible to have two thoughts in your head at the same time (try having a conversation with someone..you doing the talking..and think about something else,totally at the same time). So, if you CHOOSE to think negatively, you'll lose. If you CHOOSE to think positively, you'll win !! Remember, if I think I can..or if I think I can't...I'm exactly right!!!All this to say, stay focused on life and what you CAN do. Try ever so hard to not think of what you might or might not be able to do. Also, give up on what other people think or how they will react to your thoughts, feelings, behaviors, etc. What is important is that you live life as best you can, get help when and where you can and know you have a support system here at any time.You are not alone. Be encouraged always remembering what many have said here: A bad hour does not mean a bad day, a bad day does not mean a bad week, etc.Take care and keep the faith !!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shortyflygyrl...Wish I had some "magical" cure for how you're feeling but can only offer the support of all of us who share your sadness and/or anger with this illness.Of course, there is a myriad of things you could try to help with the symptoms to include meds, HT,cognitive-behavioral therapy and a host of OTC meds; plus, if you have a "Higher Power", that would always be your first place to go.What's important here is how your are feeling psychologically right now. It's ever so easy to say, "Well, you've got to change your perspective and attitude about how you see yourself and how you THINK others see you". That makes it sound so simple. It's not. However, it is necessary.We've all run the gammit of emotions with this but from almost 14 years experience, this one thing I'm sure of..without doubt. Aside from prayer and the HT tapes of Mike's, the perpetual support from Eric and Marilyn (Cookies4), I've learned to accept this as my lot in life for now anyway. It may not always be,and I hope not, but for now this is the hand I was dealt. Now, I can choose to find ways to cope or I can be angry and hostile at the world. Psychologically, it is absolutely impossible to have two thoughts in your head at the same time (try having a conversation with someone..you doing the talking..and think about something else,totally at the same time). So, if you CHOOSE to think negatively, you'll lose. If you CHOOSE to think positively, you'll win !! Remember, if I think I can..or if I think I can't...I'm exactly right!!!All this to say, stay focused on life and what you CAN do. Try ever so hard to not think of what you might or might not be able to do. Also, give up on what other people think or how they will react to your thoughts, feelings, behaviors, etc. What is important is that you live life as best you can, get help when and where you can and know you have a support system here at any time.You are not alone. Be encouraged always remembering what many have said here: A bad hour does not mean a bad day, a bad day does not mean a bad week, etc.Take care and keep the faith !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts