Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys find that you have to use the bathroom first thing in the morning ,I myself have to use every morning. I went to a movie last night and made the big mistake of having nachos with salsa, cheese and jalapeno peppers, let me just say I payed for it this morning , had another very loose movement , I find I am the type who will still eat most of my usual foods only to pay for it later lol. I can usually tell it was a mistake about an hour or so after I eat when my stomach starts to rumble and I feels slightly nauseated which goes away after I use the washroom , is this a normal symptom ? Is there anything out there that can actually firm things up, I hear caltrate 600 is good , anyone else use this with good results? I am so tired of having what I feel is a small bowel movement only to see a large loose movement, not runny just loose....Also some say a healthy stool is medium brown ...Is it normal for ibs sufferers to have darker brown stools or medium brown mixed with dark brown ? Is this what most experience ? Sorry for all the questions , both doctors I have seen dont actually sit down and explain to this extent, in my opinion thats because they dont find it serious so therefore they don't feel the need to ease ones mind. Another question ....This all started for me about 9 months ago , I was worrying alot for days and days about some problems I was having and all of a sudden I noticed myself being nauseated and having the occasional loose stool or just abnormal bowel movement in general , I figured it would just go away which it did for a couple of days but then it started returning every other day until gradually it became a daily thing , the overall symptoms have gotten a little better for me but the abnormal bowel movements have not, the more relaxed I am and the better I feel.....could the fact that I was worrying have brought this on ? I find it a real coincidence that it started in a time of worry. I haven't heard any mention of nausea from anyone here , do you guys get nauseated as well? My doc says this is normal and some people get nauseated alot more than others and more often than others, with me its just minor nausea which goes away after a BM......like I previously said , everything bad goes through my mind thinking its something worse because I am new to this, Is it normal to think this way with ibs ? I'm starting to come to terms that I definitely have IBS but the mind is a funny thing and I still worry ... I'm pretty sure after 9 months if it was something worse I would have other symptoms and actually feel worse than I do ? Thanks again ....

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Morning is a common time to have a BM for everyone, not just IBSers.The colon has a very normal spike in activity around the time you get up.Some IBSers have problems with this normal cycle.Stress/worry doesn't cause IBS, but can trigger symptoms once you have IBS. It may have tipped the scale, but you didn't worry your colon into not working right.Nausea is fairly common, but not a universal symptom of IBSers, so isn't part of the diagnositic criteria.I think a lot of IBSers worry that really really has to be something that is very serious, especially because the symptoms are so distressing, that it is hard to think that it is not going to kill you.Some much more serious things are not nearly as distressing as IBS. (like colon cancer, it is so deadly because it tends to be symptomless until it is too late). You get bloody diarrhea, weight loss no matter how much you eat (losing weight when you stop eating is NORMAL weight loss) or something funny shows up in routine blood tests, then it is time to look for other things going on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks kathleen , If anyone else out there experience nausea as a symptom of ibs could you please let me know , trying to ease the mind... so far everything else sounds familiar from everyone i've talked to on here and as sad it it sounds makes me alot more relaxed to hear other people are in the same boat as me.
. Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yes I get nausea, but not very often. And if I'm not suffering from C, then I have to go within 2 hours of waking up. It's actually become more regular with in the past couple of months. I am taking this as a good sign. It's some kind of consistancy, and I can plan my day around it. Of course, this is always subject to change.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.