Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this problem first started for me about 13 years ago, i was at college at the time and after some nasty comments over a couple of weeks or so I felt I could not continue and left.Since then I have had comments at work over the years. but nothing too bad.I have been at my present job for about a year and have had a few comments but not many.Then over the last week I have been hearing lots once again. I have searched the net before a few times and never got any answers, I am quite shy and have always been too embarassed to ask anyone about it or go to a doctor.A couple of weeks ago i had what i thought was a dental problem and was given some antibiotics these did nothing and i went to the doctors and was given a differnt type which i took for a week.It seems since then things have got alot worse with LG
after reading through the boards i am thinking the antibiotics have maybe killed off any good bacteria in my stomach or where ever.I have brought some probiotic drinks to see if they help and am gonna buy some acidophilus tablets to try.my symptions are the same as many ppl on here, I dont think I ever got rid of it after various comments over the years but it has definatley got worse in the last week.At work I have to spend about 3 hours standing very close to alot of ppl. If these comments keep coming or get any worse I really dont know what to do or say. I think I will have to go to the doctors this time as I can not just leave.I am gonna start to look for another job but if things get worse i just hope the doctor will give me a sick note until things get better or i can find a different job.When I first found this place I thought great after reading all the posts from ppl with the same problem, and after never finding anything on the net before, until I realised there is no definate cure for this problem yet.I do not really suffer from IBS I do have some diarrhea but not too bad, but I do get bad urges to go to the toilet and get incomplete evacuation.it seems to me sometimes as if there is not really a bad smell about me, but more so when I stay in one spot for more than a few minutes it builds up and lingers.The worst thing about this is I never really smell anything myself, then if i get any comments I get very nervous which seems to make things worse. I get very paranoid and listen to ppl around me and I start thinking they are talking about me. the other day i walked past someone and they said who did that I was convinced they were talking about farting and I was gonna walk away and ignore them, instead I asked what and it was some else. Anything I hear lately at work seems to play games in my mind as to whether they are talking about me.Well thats about it for now, I would welcome any comments.I am just glad I have atlast spoken out about this for the first time and hope it is a step in the right direction.Stu

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Welcome, stu. Maybe you will be the one to help us find the cure!You mirror me almost completely. I'm always listening out on public transport and really do start feeling paranoid, especially if people move to another seat or open the window. I'll often feel miserable and a bit depressed for several hours after and then come right. I don't know what they say where you live, but over here people will say something is 'stink' if it's not very good or enjoyable, eg, that was a stink movie, party, etc. So you catch the word 'stink' and maybe end up taking it out of context and feel upset about it becausse you think they're talking about you. BTW, I don't feel paranoid in other situations.I also have the same digestive disturbances that you have.I hope that you will find help here as well as encouragement and empathy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Stu
welcome to this forum. There are a lot of people here who can relate to your experiences so please dont feel too down. Its totally natural to feel a bit paranoid when trying to live with this I think we all feel like that sometimes. Its hard to talk about but I think the mroe people that join and talk about their symptoms the more chance we have of finding a cure or at least getting the so called experts in the medical community to take this seriously. Kim

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Stu. I completely understand what you are going through. I have a similar situation at work. The only difference is that I know that they are talking about me. Everyone will take a deep breath before talking to me or will take papers and fan themselves. It is the worst! I come home everyday and want to quit . The thing is who is going to hire me in my current state? I hope that you are able to find things that help you with your problems. . At least we don't have to suffer in silence and alone. I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.