Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is a first for me. I just found you guys today. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I keep reading about Caltrate. My husband says he'll go get it now for me. He wants something to work for me too. It's hard on the family too. I'm having a pretty hard time today. Hope I'm better for work tomorrow. Well Im glad I found this board and all the info.Marcy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Send that man to the store now! remember purple and white box! Good luck with it, but do be patient, it may take a while to work. I had immediate results (several hours) but most wait a week or two. ------------------Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all who replied to my first message. It feel s good to know that people care. How many of you have been told it's in your head or that it JUST stress and when things calm down you'll be back to normal? Also I read a message yesterday about coffee. I cannot drink it either. I get the shakes and D and nausea. Its just awful, but I can drink Coke but not Dr. P. it's weird. any thought on soda?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the board Marcy, glad to have you with us. We are all here to help each other, and give support. I,m not much of a soda drinker, but it seems that I can have a 1/2 can of Root Beer once in a while, but Coke or Pepsi usually gives me a lot of gas. Maro
------------------"WORRY IS INTEREST PAID IN ADVANCE FOR A DEBT YOU MAY NEVER OWE"

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hi Marcy! Welcome to the board!You have diarrhea too eh? I found the Caltrate Plus to work wonders for me - hope it works as well for you. I used to have diarrhea ALL THE TIME and now rarely have it at all. As far as soda, I've found that I tolerate it well - straight. By that I mean, I can't drink fountain drinks or slurpees, just straight out of the bottle/can. I don't know why Coke doesn't bother you but Dr. Pepper does. But then again, there is no rhyme or reason to this disease. Hope you soon are feeling as good as I am!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Marcy,Welcome to the board. Hope you're feeling much better today......------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi again Marcy, I wasn't told IBS was in my head, but I was told it was stress. At the time the Dr. had a good reason to say that. Now no stress to speak of, so I am just guessing they say that. Seems to me, they tell you it is just stress for a lot of things, when they haven't a clue what is wrong. Hope the Caltrate is working.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.