Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here. I think I may have IBC C but have not yet received a diagnosis although I hope to get in to see my Doctor next monday. If I'm honest I find the whole thing embarrassing and can't stand the thought of needing to get an exam. Oh well I also, like so many others have commented find these boards quite liberating.Syrup.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was also really embarrassed, but I just realized if I want the care I need I have to throw my reservations out the window. Just remember those doctors see and hear those things everyday, it's not like they are going to judge you. Plus, most of the tests aren't the worst thing, I would say the suffering of IBS-C is much much worse.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it makes it easier learn some basic medical jargon likeDid a #### = emptied my bowels or had a bowel motionPoo = faeces or a stoolFart = FlatusUse terms like loose stools and bowel frequency.it will be hard but you'll get used to it all. As the other post said ... leave your dignity at the door. Doctors have heard it all before. cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had symptoms of IBS all of my life but didn't know there was an actual syndrome to call what I had, I just thought it was just how I was..I was diagnosed at my last annual physical and the only way it happened was she was palpating my stomach to detect anything unusual and I made a grimmace when she poked around. She asked me if I had diarhea or constipation and I said that I did and she asked a couple more questions and told me, "You have IBS" and I said "I be what?" So she gave me some literature and it all came to light. All those times I sat on the toilet in agonizing pain thinking it was just "growing up" or when I was very little, how I would have constipation when we would travel... it all became very clear...IBS!!!As I was just recently diagnosed, I have not made much stride in trying to keep it under control, but I am at least conscious of what is going on and try to avoid foods/situations that seem to flare up the IBS and I'm having decreasing frequency, which is always welcome, who really likes to spend so much of their life slumped down on the toilet in incredible pain, clutching your legs and crying until you can't cry anymore?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.