Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently came across this forum which caught my interest as I have been officially diagnosed with IBS for approx. 20 years--I'm sure I've had it longer than that--just wasn't formally diagnosed.I also suffer from sleep apnea which I have had for at least 49 years (my husband has been aware of it for this long as this is # of years we have been married). Since my official diagnosis of this 2 years ago I have used an auto C-pap which has made a world of difference and the support forum I found for that has certainly contributed a lot to my success with my new "prescribed way of sleeping." To shorten what seems to be turning into a long post for a newcomer I guess I am hoping to find the same sharing and caring on this forum as with any diagnosis one often feels alone in the struggle for which there is no "magic" cure. I have been going through a real "flare-up" since the week prior to Christmas which my prn RXs such as Lomotil, Levsin,etc. have failed me. Right now I am taking Cipro as my doctor feels it might be bacterial. In the meantime the discomfort continues as I wait to see. Thanks for reading my post and may God bless each of you as we begin a new year!!

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Welcome to our disfunctional forum. As you look around you will find lots of different things which have helped others with chronic D (be it after gall bladder surgery, post infectous, bacterial overgrowths, etc., etc.As a fellow apnea sufferer I have had a certain amount of relief from that--along with some stubborn gaseous symptoms--with the elimination of a number of grains and other foodstuffs from my diet. (My wife and I use the Eating for Your Bloodtype book and diet; but the proscribed foods are very similar to those determined by a naturopath, some years ago.)I am certain that if you work your way through the various treatments and remedies, that you will cover a significant number of causes to our shared condition and most probably find some thing(s) that will allow you to put this behind you.Good luck in your search. Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.