Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyoneI'm so glad to have found a forum that seems to have activity! I'd been having IBS symptoms that seemed to have been getting gradually stronger over the past 6 months, and finally had the nerve to bring it up with a doctor during my prescription review (I also have Type 1 Diabetes). He was very nice about it, and said it did sound like IBS, probably IBS-A, but just gave me a print out of info from The Gut Trust, and said everything I said sounded pretty mild, so there was no need to really do anything about it.Well, that's all well and good, but that's a bit confusing!
Feels a bit like I've just been left hanging, and I'm rather embarrassed to bring it up with anyone other than my housemate.So, greetings from the UK and all that!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome to the board. What kind of symptoms have you been dealing with? Has the doc prescribed anything or given you any recommendations yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am a new member and found this site while looking for infomation about ibs. my doctor gave me information like sacred heart. when I gave her my symptoms.She gave me no medication for my ibs which is ibs c&D. I have had it for 11months now. I have tried phloe healthy bowl tablets that are made from kiwi fruit extract and they work sometimes for me.I get pain sometimes severe after I have eaten then either get wind or need to go to the toilet.and end up taking panadol or nurafan for pain.thanks for the great site from New zealand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts