Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a glorious day is to me is walking in the sun down by the sea, or lying in a meadow gazing at the sky, amongst the flowers as the animals play nearby, or swim the lakes and wade the streams these are what is in my dreams to hike through the mountains high above seeing what God created with all his love for all the wars and violence to come to an end where once and for all we could all be friends but for now the most glorious day would be if only we were all IBS and pain free. Lynn this ones for you. See Im not all that bad. Hope this ones better now put your mind to it write some more if anything it will take your mind off your problem for awhile, maybe Jeff can start a poem section ya reckon.------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Peter LongfellowIm baaaaack...Lynn this smiley is for you:
Please dont expel me Jeff...I'll curb I promise.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey hey Lisa K you must be feeling better now or at least I hope so, quit staying up so dadburn late
that smiley sorta looks like me after making a rum cake
------------------Peter[This message has been edited by peter (edited 01-14-99).][This message has been edited by peter (edited 01-17-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter, I love the poem! And Lisa, very cute smiley face. You guys are the greatest! You actually made me laugh and today that is quite something since all I've been doing for about 3 days now is crying. I am in sheer agony and there is no relief in sight. Haven't eaten at all today and still in pain. I needed a good laugh. OK, Peter. I'll see what I can do, but not right now. Maybe later.Thanks alot you two.
[This message has been edited by Lynn (edited 01-14-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, do either of you know anything besides gas-x for the pain of gas?[This message has been edited by Lynn (edited 01-14-99).]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hi Pals,Peter - Thanks for your warm wishes...yeah,I have been feeling pretty down since late last week, but Im still GOOFY!especially when you write "clean" poems (teehee)...now for the not so clean ones...hmmm better not...I have to try to cheer Lynn up...Lynn - Sorry
to hear that youve been sad (too)...IBS pain can be very tormenting, & the way it wreaks havoc on our emotions...I wish I could make you feel better physically...for serious Gas pain, I usually take an antispasmodic(ie levsin or librax)(3x in that day) &dosages of Pepto (my constant companion)...usually on BAD days, I cant eat much of anything...until it tapers off, Breads/pastas seem OK once the pain is gone. Do you take any prescription meds at all?mylanta does zilcho for me...it used to give me loose bowels if Im already aching. Sure hope you feel better, I know you will such is the nature of this IBS beast...Drink warm chamomile tea? liquids are fine naturally. Thanks also for your animations..when I returned to the board 2 nights ago,I couldnt stop laughing at your post...it was the nicest/cutest way to uplift my spirits!!Can I just attempt Peter's http thingamagigPlease pardon if it doesnt work out...
Feel good to all my IBS buddies!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Lynn im sorry your not feeling well, I know the feeling all to good myself. Im glad you liked the poem I was beginning to worry you thought I was some uncouth *******
yea I know I resemble that remark but anyway I take liquid Phazyme for gas relief it works alot better than pills or chewables. I think your already doing the heat pad thing thats the other thing that helps me except when it is terribly bad nothing works but time. Take care of yourself. P S Idont what happened to my image up there guess it just didnt come thru but it didnt for Lisa either.------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peter, what a beauty. It was so discript, that I actually felt like I was "there", thanks for "taking me away" from all the snow, cold and IBS. BTW, I really enjoy your "other" poems, so if you get creative with the other part of your brain again and are unsure about posting....I have two word for ya......E-MAIL ME!Lisa, I was wondering where you've been and am sorry you were suffering. I finally got on the board yesterday, posted a few, read your thread, was going to post a "Hey Lisa" and got thrown off AOL (it was having one of it's moods) and couldn't get back on till today. What was going on and how are you doing today? If you ever need to ######, please feel free to e-mail me at any time, and I hope you're doing better.Now it's Lynn's turn. Gosh, I hate it when I see our buddies not feeling well. I feel so bad that you're going through this and that's it's bringing you to tears. Isn't it sad that we get to the point of such agony, that not eating is our only option, and that doesn't even help? I second Lisa's post on antispasmodics, have you tried these yet? Hope today brings some relief and let us know how you're doing. And please know that at any time you need to talk, we're here for ya.

·
Registered
281 Posts
PeterWhat state do you live in? I detect some southern in your writing. I live in the NW panhandle of Fl, and people in the other parts of Fl call us LA, (lower Alabama). I'm not orignally from Fl, I'm from Nebraska. Lena

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Lena you got the southern part right,lets just say im not to far from where you are probably 1.5 hrs away. I do some fishing close to your neck of the woods when I can.------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi you guys. Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling a little better today. Still can't eat much but at least the pain is at a bare minimum. No, I don't take prescription meds. Like I said before, my Dr wasn't much help. Maybe it's time to tell her off again. I have to do that once in awhile to make her listen to me. I get fed up with their #### very easily now after the cancer incident and they usually know about it in a hurry. (I can be kinda bitchy when in pain!) Is that a swear word?!! oops! Sorry Peter, no poem today either. I think my brain is dead!
[This message has been edited by Lynn (edited 01-15-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK Petey ol' boy, here it goes. Keep in mind while reading this that I feel like crud and you should get the picture.My belly hurts, I want my Mommy,To hug me close and fix my tummy.I know that I'm a grown adult, But as a kid, it WORKED, no doubt!Why can't it be that easy now?Someone tell me please somehow,before I crumble on the floor,Crying, "Please, oh please, no more!"When the pain is gone, I give a cheer.Oh, and Peter, stay away from beer.I know that doesn't fit the rhyme,But it's all I could think of at the time.
By the way, Peter and Lisa, the little block in your post means you did something wrong. Just go back and edit it. I had to do that too, earlier.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Lynn I new u could do it now didnt it take your mind just a little bit off the pain maybe a smidgen? And yes I will stay away from beer have for a few years anyway done lost the taste for it. Hope u get to feeling better. I kinda feel sickly myself bad headache queasy stomach but im gonna try to go to sleep and hopefully be better tommorrow. Good night and get some sleep
------------------Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nope, sorry. It didn't take my mind off a "durn thang". I love reading the responses though. For me, writing poems is kinda fun and I like to try to see the humor in this crappy illness, if there is any to be found. I am feeling pretty good right now. Some people have good days and bad days, but right now, I have good HOURS and bad HOURS. Should count my blessings I guess. At least the pain isn't constant. Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling good last night. Do you feel ok today? I should write a poem about something good huh? Maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.Good health to all!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts