Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really sorry to keep posting all these questions, but it I am excited to have found a resource that can relate to my problems. I was wondering if anyone has noticed that they experience attacks associated with the urgent need to urinate? For example, I notice that if I am on a long car trip or anywhere there may not be a bathroom available and have the urge to urinate that it can start a feeling of anxiety. The anxiety can lead to an attack of D. I do not think I have had an "accident" where I wet myself since I was a toddler, so I do not know where the anxiety is coming from. Do you think that these attacks are related to the anxiety or psychologically urinating and defecation are somehow connected?Again I am sorry for posting so many questions, but I would like to get to the bottom of this and try to end my suffering as soon as/if I can. Thanks,Andy

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello there! Yes I also feel if I have a full bladder I get the urge to go the other way too. Not quite sure what the connection is, but then I'm still trying to get my head round all the information available since I went on the net!

G

·
Yes Andy P (is that Andy Pandy as in the gruesome Kids programme we had here in the 60's and 70's!!) - I wee alot, particularly when I'm nervous and particularly in the early morning, once when I get up, maybe once straight after brekkie, once when I poo (usually about 7.40am), once "to be on the safe" before I take my youngest to Infant's school and prob once before I go off to work (about 10.00am) so loads. Then, things seem to calm down alot. I think if the colon is rather over-active, other things seem to be too. Not very scientific but hope that helps - you are NOT alone.All the bestSue, Manchester

·
Registered
441 Posts
Me too at times. Have you not seen all the ads for meds for overactive bladder...the one keeps repeating "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!" etc. Then there is one with kind of metal robot type people rushing to find a bathroom.So-that must be a common thing..and the med has constipation as a side effect.Jeanne

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think that an overactive bladder can be caused by spasms and sometimes old age (the muscles that hold the bladder in place tend to weaken). I wonder if some of these overactive bladder medications specifically the ones designed to control the spasms might be a viable option for people with IBS-D? Interesting...I might have to run that by my doctor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts