Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using lotronex (which is the best thing EVER for my IBS-D) but have terrible IBS flare ups during the day before and first two days of my period. I am on the pill (same one for the last 7 years or so) and I am thinking about having my doctor change my prescription so I can cycle my period 4 times a year. Do any of you have any experience with this?I know there is a new BCP (seasonale) specifically for this purpose, but any pill can get these results. I was just wondering if any of you ladies out there have tried this personally and what your experiences were (in terms of effectiveness of pill, cramping, ibs etc) feel free to pm me if you are uncomfortable with this topic!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I used to skip my period often when I was on the pill and with the patch. I had no problems doing this and had no cramping or worsening of ibs that I got with my period because I was skipping it. So for me as long as I do not have a period I do not get the stuff that comes along with it. I highly recomend trying it and seeing if it works for you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It was a godsend for me! No horrible cramps or worsened GI problems with my periods, and none of that other nasty stuff either. My periods are also lighter and less painful when I have one every 4 months rather than every month.According to my gyn, seasonale is the same hormones as other pills, just dispensed differently. It can be less expensive out of pocket than some traditional packs, I guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.