Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, folks! Please give me some feedback if you can. I was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety (I have had IBS since the early '70's), and had to go off of it after just three days because it made me VERY hyper---nervousness, palpitations, negative thoughts, feelings of hopelessness, etc. I have now been prescribed Paxil, which I've heard LOTS of people are on. It is supposedly better, with only the side effect of drowsiness. What have you all heard/experienced about these two drugs? And how do they compare with Buspar? I really need some help on this---I'm trying to cope with some tough anxiety. Thanks so much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe Paxil is an antidepressant and Buspar is an antianxiety drug. Paxil made me have an awful headache and I felt like something was in my throat all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm taking Zoloft now for anxiety, not for depression and I do feel a little calmer but the anxiety is still there. I don't experience any side effects and I have been on it for about 3 months now. My next follow up is in January and I plan on telling my doctor that it is not much help for the anxiety. Good luck on the new medicine and let us know if it helps, Loretta

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.