Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone! I am currently takeing Hysycamine and Amitriptyline for my IBS-D with a center on Pain. Me and my family went up north for thanksgiving(3 1/2 hours from home), but something went awry. My mother insisted that she got all our medication, but, it seems she did not bring my antidepressant(amitryptline)... We will not be returning until saturday. My amitryptline took my IBS bouts from 2 or 3 times a week to 1 every 3 or 4 weeks. Ontop of which after not taking it for a while I will go through withdrawal(it has happened once already, even though I am on a rather low dosage, it seems to affect me a ton and does tire me). Is there anything I can do until I can get it again? We were going to overnight deliver it, but my grandmother and mother decided it wasn't important enough(my grandmother is also convinced that IBS can be completely cured and I'm at fault for it not being cured...). But thats just a little venting as I am really starting to hate these people, who are supposed to be my family... arg. Raven

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Tell them to go for the overnight delivery. Why are they deciding it isn't important enough, as mentioned withdrawal can be a problem, even a serious one sometimes. Regardless of the IBS. Force the issue.Or get your doctors number and call their office and have them call a pharmacy near you.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Tell them to go for the overnight delivery. Why are they deciding it isn't important enough, as mentioned withdrawal can be a problem, even a serious one sometimes. Regardless of the IBS. Force the issue.Or get your doctors number and call their office and have them call a pharmacy near you.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Raven; your family's opinion is immaterial. Do whatever you have to do to get your meds.Call your doctor or your pharmacy. I am not familiar with either of the drugs that you mention, but if they have been helping your IBS, get them!Good Luck!

·
Banned
50 Posts
Raven; your family's opinion is immaterial. Do whatever you have to do to get your meds.Call your doctor or your pharmacy. I am not familiar with either of the drugs that you mention, but if they have been helping your IBS, get them!Good Luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will try, but tomorrow is thanksgiving so nobody will be working or in their office or anything like that... but I'll see if we can get my doctor to call something up friday... even though my insurance is always a ######, they give me enough to last like a month and then won't let me get meds until a month and a half.... Arg, I'm not much looking forward to this holiday, before we left I had a bout that left me with 2 hours of sleep then I went through a full day of school(10 hours including driving) which I then left for here right afterwards... so it didn't really start well... which is why my grandmother is convinced that IBS can be cured and that I'm not doing what is right to cure it... ontop of all this I'm halfway through my eagle project which I have to somehow call everyone up and coordinate everything for the day I come back to complete it... which they keep pushing the times later and later... and my grandmother is being a ###### about basically everything else I have ever done in my life... thankgod my other grandparents are here, they are awesome... but I'm staying at my dumb grandmothers house.... arg, what fun! LOL! All I know is I tihnk friday is the day I'll start going through withdrawal... hopefully not thanksgiving, but we will see... god I love family.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will try, but tomorrow is thanksgiving so nobody will be working or in their office or anything like that... but I'll see if we can get my doctor to call something up friday... even though my insurance is always a ######, they give me enough to last like a month and then won't let me get meds until a month and a half.... Arg, I'm not much looking forward to this holiday, before we left I had a bout that left me with 2 hours of sleep then I went through a full day of school(10 hours including driving) which I then left for here right afterwards... so it didn't really start well... which is why my grandmother is convinced that IBS can be cured and that I'm not doing what is right to cure it... ontop of all this I'm halfway through my eagle project which I have to somehow call everyone up and coordinate everything for the day I come back to complete it... which they keep pushing the times later and later... and my grandmother is being a ###### about basically everything else I have ever done in my life... thankgod my other grandparents are here, they are awesome... but I'm staying at my dumb grandmothers house.... arg, what fun! LOL! All I know is I tihnk friday is the day I'll start going through withdrawal... hopefully not thanksgiving, but we will see... god I love family.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.