Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just trying to find out more about antidepressants as it is something I am looking into about asking my doctor about to try to help with my depression. I am just wondering about side effects, how well they actually work and how long one must stay on them etc. If someone could help me out by filling me in that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I was just told I have IBS, but I would like to let you know that I am on Zoloft, an anti dep. I have been on it now for 2 yrs and it does work, I can cope with things much better, I do not get stressed out as much and find myself calmer. The thing is they do take a while to work, I was told about 4-6 weeks before you see improvements in yourself. StacetNS, Canada

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how did you end up recieving the drug? Did you have to go through counselling as well. I would like to try to meds and I absolutly hate counselling. I do not want to bring it up to the doctor if they are going to send me for counselling. I would rather keep fighting the battle of depression

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.