Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I just tryed to take Librax and hated it. It was way tooo Strong for me.I called the pharmacist and asked for something else. They gave me Bentyl the generic form. Has anyone been on this? How is it for you?I took it today it was more mild than librax, however I am now more constipated. Do you take a fiber supplement or colace with an antispasmatic? How long can you be on these meds for?I would love to hear about people's experiences on this drug, or others they like, that are mild and don't give too many side-effects.Thanks

·
Registered
708 Posts
Never tried it but if you are getting constipated then yes for sure make sure you are getting enough fibre and fibre will only work well if you are drinking enough fluids. Maybe cutting down on the amount of antispasmotic you take might help...sounds like this happened after one dose? not too sure.I tried a different one as I am in canada, dicetel which had no effect for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,I just tryed to take Librax and hated it. It was way tooo Strong for me.I called the pharmacist and asked for something else. They gave me Bentyl the generic form. Has anyone been on this? How is it for you?I took it today it was more mild than librax, however I am now more constipated. Do you take a fiber supplement or colace with an antispasmatic? How long can you be on these meds for?I would love to hear about people's experiences on this drug, or others they like, that are mild and don't give too many side-effects.Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Daisy37I took Bentyl and it did not work for me. It interferred with my vision. Doctor put me on Levbid and I got the same results.So the meds were stopped. Doctor tried fiber on all different levels but they did not work either. It was either too much or notenough.So far I am taking an antidepressant,and imodium to control the spasms.Some days I do not get out due to the complications. But by far it is alot better than previous years. Where I never got out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.