Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I was wondering if anyone else suffered from headaches while taking antispasmodics? I have only just begun taking them and have had a bad headache, mainly in the evening for the last 3 days. I though the chances of side effects were meant to be pretty slim. Any ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes I find if I take alot of the Bentyl I get headaches and it doesn't work that great either so I take 1mgs of Klonapin at night to ease the pain in the gut. I take Bentyl like candy and it doesn't seem to kill the pain in the gut. Bentyl will give me a slight headache but I do try and drink 8 glasses of water a day and it helps a bit. I just wish Bentyl worked better maybe I will ask doc about Librax.Queen Irritable today from IBS

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. i know that drinking more water is something that I need to do. I try but get so busy or it is impractical at work and I forget. My medicine is called spasmonal. I haven't seen anyone mention this brand. Is anyone else taking this one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I've been on Spasmonal for a month now and am wondering if anyone else out there has found that it effects their periods. I've had normal length periods since I started them (a week) but the 1st period I've had after taking spasmonal (3 times daily) is still on going, 3 weeks on! I can't find anything citing this as a side effect so have made a doctors appointment. I'm simply curious to know if it's related as it seems an awful coincidence if not.Thanks, Anna.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.