Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It can help lessen D, but not necessarily directly.One of the main side effects of the drugs is constipation, so that relieves D.For some people the spasms are what causes the diarrhea, so relieving the spasms will lessen the D for these people.K.

G

·
Antispasmodics help improve both C and D situations. In IBS, generally spasms cause C & D and some people are predominant one way or the other.there is an excellent antispasmodic in Canada called Dicetel [pinaverium bromide] which you could ask about and it can help both C and D.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi, I've been using anti-spasmodics for a while now (I'm a D-type). They certainly help with the pain caused when eating, but less so with actual D. They do have some effect on D but not like immodium style medications. They can also cause C if used too much.As with everything about IBS, it may be different with other people - this is just what I found happened.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my cramps and spasyms come with C for me... it's like a blockage... the AntiS helps with pain only -- but at the time it's enough! they also make me sleepy which is okay cuz it takes me away from the pain.Good luck

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I was wondering if the antispasmotic medications can dry out the colon. I know many of them have a tendancy to cause a dry mouth. However, I don't know if it does the same thing to the colon (thus drying out stool).My doctor has given samples of Robinul Forte, for which I have read very little personal experiences on this board. I do recall Levsin making my whole abdomen feel distended and sort of "paralyzed" for a while. I also felt less liquid sloshing around in my abdomen as I moved.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No , it won't and if you try theL-glutamine it will slowly heal that also . Here are some other things that WORK!!! No dairy ,No processed sugars , No wheat ... New life colostrum up to 8 a day will stop D and what will do all this at once and stop anxiety and cramps is Modified Perilla and Mentha from www.bluepoppy.com look under formulas and click on it then read the symptoms if you still feel cramps then its what your eating .No beans or peanuts or eggs , try just steamed white rice baked fish , not tuna , frozen string beans steamed or slightly cooked so as not to kill the enzymes and if you try Primal defense from IHERB.com it will with l-glutamine heal your IBS . www.askwaltstollmd.com LGS diet modified Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.