Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have had LG for a couple of years now. I have done kegel exercises along with changing my diet to 100% wheat bread and turkey. That's all I eat. No snacks whatsoever except on the weekends when I can be in the privacy of my home. The thing is that my family members don't smell anything and yet the problem is persistent throughout school. I have come to the conclusion that it has to do with my anus.My anus just doesn't feel right. When I am in the sitting position like how you sit when you're in school, that's when the problem arises. It feels to relaxed. It feels as if my rectum or intestines are pushing against the sidewalls of my anus. It's really uncomfortable sitting. So my question to you all is: how does your anus feel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeh i have the same stuff lg and constant flatulence every dam day..family can't smell anything yet wherever i go people can smell...and it feels like their's hot heat on my back

·
Registered
744 Posts
You need to eat fruits and vegetables so that your colon can evacuate properly. I used to have LG and I had the same symptoms as you, a pressure in the anus, along with trying to hold the gas in. I don’t get LG anymore because I allow 2 ½ hours in the morning to evacuate properly. (I have a sluggish colon. You may have this too.)Curing LG doesn’t require a special diet. LG doesn’t have trigger foods. I eat all sorts of things in the evening that cause a great deal of digestion gas – especially milk, but it doesn’t stop me from fully evacuating the next morning. Allow yourself to have digestion gas in the evenings. This is normal. If you evacuate fully, digestion gas in the daytime is minimal.LG is mainly pressure from un-evacuated stool gas, which you can’t keep holding in.Get up as early as you can, and just keep going back until you’re finished.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes, I have the same issue. My friends and family never smell anything and I don't have any problems. As soon as I am at work, I can feel a hot sensation down there and I am not even sure if I am passing gas or something. It just feels like I am sweating if that makes sense. Since I am also paranoid, there were some people who kept rubbing their noses when I had this hot feeling. Others didn't. I am so confused.
Also, as soon as I am getting nervous, I can feel that my anus is having sort of spastic movements meaning I think it is opening and closing. It's hard to explain. I am frustrated with that...Hope I could give you some input. I have no clue how to fix it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, I made this thread to get you guys to explain that feeling in your anuses because for me its hard to describe-- That's precisely the problem though isn't it? We can't get help until we can describe our symptoms to doctors. The way I see it, we have 75% responsibility to explain the problem to a doctor while the doctors have 25% responsibility to cure us. OK to get back on topic:-I have found that on days where I have slept little or not at all, I have significantly more LG.-I sometimes feel that there is stool lodged very close to my anus. I think that when this stool is not excreted, it causes me to feel and smell, respectively, pressure plus the odor. Think about it, if stool is left in an open environment, does it not reduce the quality of the air?That's another reason why I recommend kegel exercises. They help to strengthen muscles around the anus and thus, the anus is less prone to succumbing to the pressure and gaping open. Also doing the exercises help me to feel better knowing that I am at least doing something to help the situation. Remember, good morale is necessary to winning. Some of us hate our bodies for doing this to us but all that causes is self-loathing and depression. A depressed brain is not an effective brain! We need as many advantages as we can get in this fight.Now I open the discussion to you guys. In your own words describe that feeling in your anus if you have it. Hopefully we can, as a group, come up with a good description that can help us explaining it to the doctors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes I could do that, but that wasn't my point. I am trying to show that there is a correlation between the smell and the feeling in the anus.My hypothesis is that the anus has lost its ability to contain feces. Anyway, so has anyone actually gone to the doctors about this?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also feel a pressure sensation in my anus when leaky gas is going to happen.I went to the doctor and had the following two tests:Anal manometry - to measure for the strength of my sphincters. (normal)Anal ultrasound - to look for any abnormalities or damage to the anus. (normal)

·
Registered
160 Posts
My question is if you actually pass gas when you have this hot sensation or is it something like muscle spasm? Has anyone got reactions from others that you passed gas when this happened? Any comment would be appreciated.

·
Registered
585 Posts
LG is a totally different kind of gas. It's not like the digestion gas which comes out quickly and you feel it coming out and it's done and over with in less than a minute. LG is like a very slow release of a kind of gas or vapors coming from stool sitting near the anus or in the recto anal canal. There is no control over this leakage of gas/vapors, whereas the digestion gas one has reasonable control over it. Which is why I think lg has nothing to do with weak sphincter muscles etc. With lg we can sit on the toilet to let the gas out but really nothing escapes or lets out in a whiff like the digestion gas. Yes there is always a sensation or pressure in the anus when lg is happening. What a strange phenomenon.

·
Registered
744 Posts
AchtungBaby, I often had that hot sensation you referred to. Do you mean a slight burning sensation? I think I had this towards the end of the day. Hanna, I agree with you 100%. You can’t get rid of IE gas the same way you do with digestion gas, because the stool’s always there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I got this brochure from my doctor today. He seems to think that it might be hemorhoids, though he can't seem to find any.
I've had about 3 out 4 symptoms mentioned. I'm going to pursue this a little further.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You may have hemmorhoids or some other structural abnormality (rectocele, fistula, etc.), which might keep you from mostly evacuating and may also open the anus. That was the first thing I was checked for. However, my situation is much like what Hanna described, mostly with a feeling of incomplete evacuation.I've had the following tests and results:Anorectal manometry: blunted response to initial and tolerable resting pressures and everything else normal.Fecal Defecography: NormalBalloon expulsion test: could not expel (pelvic floor dysfunction). I am working on getting this one addressed via biofeedback. They did not do a pudendal nerve latency, which they should have done to look for nerve injury. I find that when I don't sleep enough I have a hard time completely evacuating which causes more odor. I find that squatting on the toilet helps me more fully evacuate, but I still get a feeling of incomplete evacuation most days.The feeling in my anus is one of pressure, but not really hot, though I do get some mucus seepage sometimes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tummyrumbles:You need to eat fruits and vegetables so that your colon can evacuate properly. I used to have LG and I had the same symptoms as you, a pressure in the anus, along with trying to hold the gas in. I don’t get LG anymore because I allow 2 ½ hours in the morning to evacuate properly. (I have a sluggish colon. You may have this too.)Curing LG doesn’t require a special diet. LG doesn’t have trigger foods. I eat all sorts of things in the evening that cause a great deal of digestion gas â€" especially milk, but it doesn’t stop me from fully evacuating the next morning. Allow yourself to have digestion gas in the evenings. This is normal. If you evacuate fully, digestion gas in the daytime is minimal.LG is mainly pressure from un-evacuated stool gas, which you can’t keep holding in.Get up as early as you can, and just keep going back until you’re finished.
That's what I do, but unfortunately it's not 100% effective. Usually takes me 2 trips to the bathroom to clean out, over about 2 hours. But like today, it took 4 trips and nearly 4 hours total. If I had needed to be at work today I wouldn't have had time to take care of business before leaving. I would have had that feeling of incomplete evacuation and would have stunk the place up.Unfortunately I can't get up 4-5 hours early... if I had to get up at 3am every morning I'd burn out real quick. Not to mention develop sleep deprivation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts