Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotta tell ya I hate holidays, planning anything, visiting people, anything that creates anxiety or excitement in my life. It seems to really bring on the symptoms of stomach pains, leaky gas, and nausea. Then I had an upper GI and was diagnosed with GERD and I've been on Nexium for about one year. It's helped with the acid reflux. I just started trying the Zelnorm so we'll see if it helps at stressful times. Does anyone else experience more problems at these particular times?

·
Registered
46 Posts
YES, is the answer. Nervousness, stress etc, you name it. It all leads up to my IBS D acting up. When I leave for a trip (like tomorrow) I know it will act up. I started using Colestid and last week it seemed to help, this week I don't know. I ate ice cream last night and that was a NO NO. I need to avoid dairy products. Time will tell on the Colestid even though it is prescribed for cholesterol. Good luck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Me too! My husband says "Just don't let things get to you." I try to tell him I can not help that this is just the way I was made. The littlest things get my IBS-D going in full swing. I find emotions are my trigger... more than foods are, and unfortunately... I am apparently a VERY feeling person! LOLStay well... Valerie

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
the answer for me is a definite yes. hypno has helped me with this tremendously. finally when I tell myself to just relax, I can do it! of course I still get pissed at other people who tell me to relax
nancy

·
Registered
263 Posts
OH yea!!! Stress, it only takes a minute, and my guts are doing summersaults. I thought my vacation would make it better, but it made it worse. Is there a vacation that is better for IBS? Like where you don't have to plan or do anyting? Where people do everything for you? Is it better to have a cottage hide-a-way? When you're traveling with a group of people, there are so many decisions to make, when to eat, where to eat, what to eat, what to do, where to go, when to go, don't waste time, save money, hurry up and relax! Ahhhhh!!!Long before I got diagnosed with IBS I noticed that I'd get constipation cramps hours before putting on a fancy dinner party. It's the same feeling I get when I'm on vacation. Then during and after the dinner I would be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.